Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple unveils new iPod touch, "fat" iPod nano

Default Apple

www.apple.com

just check it out!

hey that ipod touch is sweet buttt .... 16g not liking that would have wanted it maybe a little thicker with at least 80gigs
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

They have the classic one with 160gb, u can check that out, but the slim ones are flashbased only

Default Apple unveils new iPod touch, "fat" iPod nano

Observers have been expecting a significant revamp to Apple's iPod lineup, especially after the release of the iPhone in all of its touchscreen glory. So when Apple announced today's special event—as we predicted—with the tagline "The beat goes on," we knew the time for an iPod refresh had come. We weren't disappointed, as Apple announced an all-new line-up of iPods from top to bottom, including a new "fat" iPod nano at $149 and $199, a "classic" iPod at $249 and $349, and the much-anticipated iPod touch with WiFi, Safari, and a touchscreen interface—an iPhone without the phone and e-mail capabilities—for $299 and $399. The iPod touch will be able to purchase music directly from the iTunes Store via WiFi. Apple also had a major bit of news with regards to the iPhone, dropping the price for the 8GB model by $200 to $399 and eliminating the 4GB model altogether.
    Read More Here .

Yeah sweeet... but only 16gb..wth am I to do with 16gb!??...id wait till they at least offer 32gb.

marlon xp I am thinking the same thing I have 19gigs of music and don't want to leave any looks hard to buy an ipod classic even with 160gigs that touch is sweet but needs more storage.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

cmon dudes. Of your ENTIRE music library, do you actually listen to ALL of it on any given day?!

My library is 13gb (so the 16gb is fine with me), but I have found that with the 8 or so different mp3 players i have owned (NEVER owned an ipod and swore i wouldnt, till now lol), I have never needed all my collection. I actually just needed probably 2gb on any given week as I basically listen to my favourites and when i have some down time I browse through and find some old favs, but I didnt need it all at once.

PLUS with this thing browsing and doing video, you dont want to full it up with just music. I can load up my favorite 1gb of music and about 4gb of vids (seasons of sopranos lol) and i'll be good to go.

However, my dilemma now is, do I get a 16gb ipod touch, or go with the 8gb iphone (I have links to unlocking). I may just wait till end of sept till they announce the 16gb iphone and just get that, hopefully they put it at $499

To answer your question toyanucci... i have a 60gb zen vision m of which about 40 gigs are filled with music (i have a large music collection) and since i've owned it i can say that i have listened to at least 30 gigs of that 40. It makes more sense to walk around with the large music collection because i dont have to pick choose and refuse what to put on my player at any given time, they are all there and i just browse and find it. Unlike other friends i have with nano's etcetera who keep having to plug in and out their player, i havent actually plugged in my player to update music since... july. So yes, it does make sense to me to have my 40 gigs of music on my player. and i have 20 left to get all the video and stuff i want.

I would never buy anything less than 30 gigs still because to me it just isnt satisfactory enough

On the topic of the ipod touch though. I'm kinda disappointed in the fact that apple couldn't have done a redesign for their new product, instead them just mek a smaller iphone and then say hooray new apple. However, its definately a step up as far as PMP's are concerned (personal media players). Wifi browsing is definately a+, bigger screen a+ however apple has still made great mistakes in leaving out a radio and also the video support is still lacking cause u still cant use avi files and mpegs and all the other goodies which alot of us get our media in (who the hell goin look for h.264 files?) also 22 hr battery a++ i will work with the 5 hour video

Basically... i'll wait till creative labs release another proper music player before i upgrade from ma zen

oh wait creative already made a proper music player... no wifi yet though so i'll wait for that

Creative Zen

I know i sound like a creative labs fanboy, you could probably say i am, but as far as i'm concerned the vision m was the best PMP available and i have seen nothing to prove otherwise.
    Last edited by Skillachi; Sep 5, 2007 at 09:23 PM.
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Glad i nvr buy the new Nano... this is more like it...
    ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe MBoard | AMD Phenom II x4 920 | ZALMAN 9700 CPU Cooler | G-SKILL 4GB DDR 800 Dual Channel Memory | WD 250GB & 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA HDDs | XFX 5870 1GB | Corsair 650W Single Rail PSU | Samsung SATA DVD-RW | Samsung T260 26" Monitor | MITSUMI Floppy Drive w/ Digital Card Readers | Thermaltake Armor+ FULL Tower Case

ive been wanting an ipod for a while, but i wanted FM radio, so i was waitin on the new generation..

the new gen was unveiled today, no radio, but 80 gigs for the same price as the 30 gig (previous gen) seems toooooo sweet..

i think im gonna get one..

80 gigs..wow