Thread: SQL Express 2005 to Enterprise

Default SQL Express 2005 to Enterprise

I'm currently working for a Point Of Sale company that sell Cash Register Express form PC America for their PC base point of sales machines. It uses SQL Express 2005 for the database, but the problem is as some of you might
    already know is that once the database reaches 4 GB SQL Express bombs out because of the " size limitations " .

SQL Enterprise however does not suffer the same short comings as it's express counterpart. So my question is this can I migrate my database built in Express to Enterprise
    If You Want It All Just Give Me A Call 840-5827

Quote Originally Posted by Sidekick Kidd View Post

SQL Enterprise however does not suffer the same short comings as it's express counterpart. So my question is this can I migrate my database built in Express to Enterprise

Try:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
    Code King aka Code WizZzard: Motivated By The Challenge, Driven By The Will To Succeed.

In The Land Of Programmers, The Code WizZzard Is KING. Sen on anything VB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidekick Kidd View Post
    I'm currently working for a Point Of Sale company that sell Cash Register Express form PC America for their PC base point of sales machines. It uses SQL Express 2005 for the database, but the problem is as some of you might
    already know is that once the database reaches 4 GB SQL Express bombs out because of the " size limitations " .

You will have to upgrade to SQL Server 2005. This will unlock the capabilities you are looking for.

1. install sql server 2005 enterprise
    2. use management studio (or whatever) to log into sqlserver express and detach the database.
    3. log into sqlserver 2005 enterprise and attach the same database files.

done.
    open dll in hex editor and ..... (google it)
    Last edited by icymint3; Sep 11, 2007 at 04:06 PM.
    Cultured in Aggression and Koding like a Warrior!!
    “Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius.” - George Bernard Shaw.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein