Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: IT Schools in Jamaica

INFOSERV Institute of Technology not on Parkington Plaza any more, dem move 2 new kingston.

Comptia have to be making money fi so popular. I wanted to do the networking + course but need cash

Forget Network+... go straight for the CCNA, that way you get Network+ and an entrance into the Cisco world. It's tough though
    CCNA looking for an opportunity

E X C E L L E N T post!! thanks very much

its not exactly the same thing ...cisco is basically its os....but the focus is hard ware orinted...network plus touches on rudiments of ccna...some areas for A+...covers more ground than in terms of managing different server based os....especially for 2009 curriculum specifically....cisco is not tough.....honestly.....mcse exams can be tougher....u can stay home n do it

You jus need the following
    1) Curriculum and knowledge of testing centre....
    2)exam fee
    3)several texts...pdf...u can get idea of which on cisco main site..
    or on 9tut.com
    4)video tutorials for those of us who learn by visuals
    5)right software..you need a simulator..unless you gonna fork out the cash n buy say couple 1800 series routers , some switches and cable..set u back a nice penny.

6) test or practice questions...ill say three terms..... pass4sure... testking...vce files...
    7)for texts ...
    ccna portable command guide
    ccna exam prep
    Sybex ccna guide
    and 9tut for simulation questions which ARE gonna be on exam....require u to configure or troubleshoot virtual network routers n switches from the cmd line
    Last edited by druhan; Jan 22, 2010 at 02:11 AM.
    Knowledge is just wasted time if not put to action
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Network +, A+, CCNA, CCDA, CXFS, Avaya (ACIS), MCP ...next stop CCNP,MCSE, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, VCP

I'm trying to do my MCSA and i checked
    -Infoserv..they no longer offer it
    -STC is closed down
    -New Horizon has closed down..they are now operating under a new name..cant remember right now but when i call the person that I need to talk to is always in a meeting..I currently don't have a address for them and it seemed like they don't intend on giving me
    -Haven't checked vector as yet
    There is a place called TrainX..this guy operating out of Oaklands...and does classes up @ UWI..

Does anybody know of anyone else that is running the MCSA/MCSE now or beginning this month?

Default Updates for compaines that Train IT...

Reborn Trainsulting Limited
    34-36 Old Hope Road,
    Kingston 5
    Jamaica, West Indies
    876-631-0110

ITIL Foundations Traning & Testing

Quote Originally Posted by phase86 View Post
    I'm trying to do my MCSA and i checked
    -Infoserv..they no longer offer it
    -STC is closed down
    -New Horizon has closed down..they are now operating under a new name..cant remember right now but when i call the person that I need to talk to is always in a meeting..I currently don't have a address for them and it seemed like they don't intend on giving me
    -Haven't checked vector as yet
    There is a place called TrainX..this guy operating out of Oaklands...and does classes up @ UWI..

Does anybody know of anyone else that is running the MCSA/MCSE now or beginning this month?
    nope..but the guy who owns it used to work for heart....cool dude...knows his stuff...new horizon well they are no longer a exam centre...only offering online training...and details of that are sketchy..as usual they are expensive....but thats where i took my A+ exam...so kinda sad...
    Knowledge is just wasted time if not put to action
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Network +, A+, CCNA, CCDA, CXFS, Avaya (ACIS), MCP ...next stop CCNP,MCSE, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, VCP

nice post. i believe you have highlighted all the institution that will help improve our knowledge base and gain a registered certification.

thanks for this information been trying to get some information on where these courses are offered in jamaica