Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unemployment Agency

Default The Unemployment Agency

It was on the morning on June 9th, 2004 when I wrote the last Chemistry Paper for Cambridge A'Level, I realised that I am now joining the unemployment agency. This place seemed nice at first, knowing that I'm finished with education..at least for now. It was until July 8th, 2004, when I graduated out of the local college, I realise that this agency isn't as nice as it first started. If I wanted to get out of this agency, I needed a job to make some real cash. I sent out dozens of applications to many competent business houses mostly those that dealt with electronics, lab work,technology, etc....

To date, I am still stuck in the unemployment agency. Four of these "competent" agencies have replied to me with a "NO VACANCY" status. I am sitting at home, hoping and praying that someday soon I will rid that unemployment agency once and for all.

PS: I ain't drinking bear and eating chips all day ;D

Boo :'(

Default Re:The Unemployment Agency

that must be the saddest story i have ever heard.

you have only been looking for a month, great things comes to those who wait.

I even apply to banking institutions. Well one gave me a "No Vacancy". Plus two business places namely C&W and AT&T ain't respond yet and they got my applications about a month ago.

PS: I have a pal who said he had to wait six months to receive a no vacancy letter from C&W

It looks as if i should considered myself a member of the unemployment agency

tsk tsk tsk. I was apart of this agency for five months. :-\

It was fun for me though

I say enjoy it while it lasts because it is bound to come to an end. trust me on that

i agree, enjoy the vacation guys, cause once work starts its over.

I kinda agree with you on that one...In Grenada, you are not entitled to any holiday in your first year with a company >

But sometimes it could be frustrating when all your pals getting jobs and you stuck at home :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    It was on the morning on June 9th, 2004 when I wrote the last Chemistry Paper for Cambridge A'Level, I realised that I am now joining the unemployment agency. This place seemed nice at first, knowing that I'm finished with education..at least for now. It was until July 8th, 2004, when I graduated out of the local college, I realise that this agency isn't as nice as it first started. If I wanted to get out of this agency, I needed a job to make some real cash. I sent out dozens of applications to many competent business houses mostly those that dealt with electronics, lab work,technology, etc....

To date, I am still stuck in the unemployment agency. Four of these "competent" agencies have replied to me with a "NO VACANCY" status. I am sitting at home, hoping and praying that someday soon I will rid that unemployment agency once and for all.

PS: I ain't drinking bear and eating chips all day ;D

Boo :'(
    This is a problem faced by many. I suggest you find something you like, even your hobby, and try to figure out how you can use it to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit
    This is a problem faced by many. I suggest you find something you like, even your hobby, and try to figure out how you can use it to make money.
    That's not a bad idea..but the thing with me is that I wanna earn enough money so that I can further my education in the next couple years. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    That's not a bad idea..but the thing with me is that I wanna earn enough money so that I can further my education in the next couple years. :-\
    You have use your smarts then. You strike me as someone who does, especially with A' Level Science and all.