Thread: Any Sensable ADO.NET2.0 BOOKS

Default Any Good ADO.NET2.0 BOOKS

As the name of this thread suggest i am look for suggestions as to a book that CLEARLY explains how to work with ADO.NET. ( after viewing number of sites i have come to the conclusion that there seems to be alot of confusion as to how to actually do simply things like(insets, updates and deletes)
    Anything or Anyone that fails to grow will eventually die. {AI}
    -------------------------------------------------
    Tomorrow is the future!
    Today Is the Tomorrow you made Yesterday!{AI}

Always go for the books by Microsoft Press (Especially the Step By Step Series) and Oreilly Press. You cant go wrong with these guys. Another favourite publisher of mine is Wrox.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

Quote Originally Posted by psybuck2002us View Post
    Always go for the books by Microsoft Press (Especially the Step By Step Series) and Oreilly Press. You cant go wrong with these guys. Another favourite publisher of mine is Wrox.
    Trust me when i say. Microsoft Press Sucks compare to Sam's Publishing. Microsoft Press is more for people who could comprehend technical terms very well. I always suggest Sam's & O'Reilly to novice's.

Quote Originally Posted by redbwoy View Post
    Microsoft Press is more for people who could comprehend technical terms very well. I always suggest Sam's & O'Reilly to novice's.
    Thats why i suggested the step by step series. Full of pics and layman's terms. You cant go wrong. Considering that we are looking at the best books for a microsoft technology, i would say go with MS books.

Quote Originally Posted by psybuck2002us View Post
    Thats why i suggested the step by step series. Full of pics and layman's terms. You cant go wrong. Considering that we are looking at the best books for a microsoft technology, i would say go with MS books.
    Well i know it sounds great going for a Microsoft Press book because its a Microsoft Technology but the Microsoft Press books are NOT written by microsoft employees they are written by end-users who have enough experience using the technology. This is why when Microsoft releases a new technology the book takes a couple months before hitting the shelves.

redbwoy I have to disagree with you slightly.

It is not quite accurate to say that MS Press books are NOT written by MS employess. A few MS Press books ARE written by MS employees. I am holding one in my hands right now. Its entitled "Customizing The Microsoft .NET Framework Common Language Runtime" and was written by Steven Pratschner. According to the back of the book, he is a program manager on the .NET Compact Framework team at Microsoft.

In any case, I don't think it's important that MOST MS Press books are not written by MS employees, because (1) most MS employees are not very good at writting books (2) most MS employees are too busy to be writting books. The important thing to me that for many of the MS technologies the bibles (i.e. the definitive references) are usually published by MS Press. The best books for beginners are usually not published by MS Press.

Well i guess any publisher's book will do. I was just speaking from experience. I find the Microsoft books more informative and better structured for beginners. Thats in my opinion ofcourse. I guess its left to Artificial_Intelligence's Avatar Artificial_Intelligence to examine the different options and to choose the one that best suits him.