View Poll Results: have u every requested and got a receipt when buying from some1 here?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

10 37.04%
  • no

10 37.04%
  • would have loved to

5 18.52%
  • y are u spoiling my business routine of not giving receipts?

2 7.41%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: is it a crime to request a receipt when buyin here??

Quote Originally Posted by zRo ToLeRaNcE View Post
    They have a receipt book and write it up and hand it to me.
    People like dwightja give receipts.
    Ahh. Ok. Had my head thinking of store receipts like from a cash register and not thinking about receipts from a cash book.

That is a good idea. For someone that sells items regularly that is.

Hmm. Can persons who are purchasing, bring a blank receipt and the persons they buying it from, fill it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Ahh. Ok. Had my head thinking of store receipts like from a cash register and not thinking about receipts from a cash book.

That is a good idea. For someone that sells items regularly that is.

Hmm. Can persons who are purchasing, bring a blank receipt and the persons they buying it from, fill it out?
    Would have to carry two (2) - one for the buyer and seller.
    That's a good suggestion - have your own receipt book and have the seller sign it.
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Ok, so you get your receipt right. Item you bought pop down in a week or so. Then what? Does anyone here sell with warranties on their items? maybe i dunno, im sure the majority sells items "as is." And those if they do have warranty im sure won't ask for the receipt to make an exchange or give a refund so maybe i'm missing the point of getting/asking for a receipt in this situation.
    [AMD Gallardo] [Asus M2N SLI Deluxe] [AMD 5000+ X2 black edition @ 3.2GHZ] [Zalman CNPS9700 LED][ EVGA 8800GT 512MB] [Gskill 2GB x 2 DDR2800] [Seagate 320GB IDE][Seagate 1TB, 750GB, 320GB SATA II][Western Digital 1TB SATA II][XION 600W] [NEC DL DVD-RW] [Antec Nine Hundred MidATX] [19" BenQ FP93GX LCD][40" Samsung LNA500LCD HDTV 1080p][Logitech X-230 2.1]

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis2kx View Post
    Ok, so you get your receipt right. Item you bought pop down in a week or so. Then what? Does anyone here sell with warranties on their items? maybe i dunno, im sure the majority sells items "as is." And those if they do have warranty im sure won't ask for the receipt to make an exchange or give a refund so maybe i'm missing the point of getting/asking for a receipt in this situation.
    Persons here do sell with warranty.

Persons who remember selling you an item won't ask for the receipt UNLESS they believe the warranty had expired.

The point of a receipt is not just for refunds, but other disputes may arise and that SMALL signature is the BIG difference during a dispute.
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

it is necessary to get a receipt but its not all that important (to me),i dont see how can some1 sell a defected item and feel comfortable,ive been selling on the net for about 15months (jamdeal.com, etc) and the deals have been smooth. discussing meeting and all,even exchange hasnt been a problem except when ppl wanting to negotiate prices. MOST OF US DONT HAVE A STORE. we are just selling because we may want some money or dont have any use for the item so they just wana sell it.

well some a y'all av a point
    when all else fails...look cute

WilBro Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zRo ToLeRaNcE View Post
    They have a receipt book and write it up and hand it to me.
    People like dwightja give receipts.
    yup big up to dwightja, he gives receipts along with warranty

Quote Originally Posted by WilBro View Post
    i never get 1
    when all else fails...look cute

Quote Originally Posted by WilBro View Post
    Isn't professional level selling banned

In the words of those wiser than I:

Caveat Emptor!!
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan View Post
    Isn't professional level selling banned

In the words of those wiser than I:

Caveat Emptor!!
    From the head of TJ:

Code:
    Simple rules* for posting in the Tech items & services: Buy | Sell | Trade Classifieds forum:

(1) Items posted as wanted, for sale or for trade must be technology-related.

(2) Once the item(s) posted are sold or bought, the original poster must post a message indicating that the item(s) have been sold or bought and modify the original post's subject line to include the sold/bought status of the item(s).

(3) Illegal copies of software, games or movies are not allowed to be advertised for sale or trade, whether individually on installed/included as part of a system or package.

(4) Double posting of the same item(s) is not allowed.

(5) The administrators reserve the right to remove posts advertising/promoting items that are illegal or not in keeping with the spirit of the classifieds section.

(6) Include in the subject an indication of whether the item(s) are "For sale:", "Wanted:", "Trade:".

(7) Posts in the classifieds section are not to be used for the promotion or solicitation of products or services offered by commercial entities/operations, companies, individuals and websites or with quantities or frequency that may be considered commercial in nature. Simply put, we reserve the right to remove classifieds posts from members who have several classified posts (similar item(s) or otherwise) within a short period of time.

(8) No unnecessary posting to "bump" the topic to the top of the list.

(9) No solicitation of pre-order/advance requests for items.

Thank you for following these simple rules. Posts that do not adhere to these rules may be removed or modified without notice and sanctions may be taken against the poster.