Thread: A look at Dell's manufacturing strategy

Default A look at Dell's manufacturing strategy

Default Re:A look at Dell's manufacturing strategy

thanks for the link jamrock, it'll prove useful to me with some material that I'm collecting.

I suspect that in a few years, we will feel about Dell the way we feel about Microsoft today.

Microsoft became a powerhouse because they made better software than anyone else. They had a "method" that worked. They tried to gain the lead in all areas of software.

Dell has a method that works. It is now trying to gain the lead in all areas of hardware. As soon as one market matures, it enters another.

[quote author=jamrock link=board=3;threadid=502;start=0#msg3618 date=1047045843]
    I suspect that in a few years, we will feel about Dell the way we feel about Microsoft today.

Microsoft became a powerhouse because they made better software than anyone else. They had a "method" that worked. They tried to gain the lead in all areas of software.

Dell has a method that works. It is now trying to gain the lead in all areas of hardware. As soon as one market matures, it enters another.
    [/quote]

And to think that's what they call anti-competitive and wants to kill .... wonder how long before Dell may reach that stage if at all ??