Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Microsoft Admits *ALL* Xbox360s Are Defective

Microsoft? Fixing something? LMAAAAAAAAO!

If it was an ATI problem and they corrected it, it would be an easier pill to swallow!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

The elites still are prone to RROD. I think at the time the only consoles with less likelyhood of RROD are the Halo and Arcade editions.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    This is what I was trying to tell them, but in my way. Course no one break the code so they still on the console side.

Really what i'm saying is that pc will still be able to handle games, provided that you got the latest video card when the games were released up until games get a lil bit too intense to run at max again. But the point is, it'll still be playable, but quality will have to be sacrificed for performance. And I for one prefer performance over quality for most games.

But with consoles now, yuh have to get the next version of it to play the latest games, as they have no backward compatibility about dem. Only console I'd get is a Wii for group gaming and solo, but mainly group as that's really what makes console more fun to play.
    You should've added as well that consoles have no FORWARD compatibilty either. With every step up the previous console becomes obsolete, with every step up my pc still remains good and workable, just lower quality as stated before.

BCK does have a point. THe only way all the PC game defenders think its cheaper is because they are PIRATES! I'm sure if you bought all the games you wanted to play, you wouldn't be so quick to jump on cost.
    Yes I know there are a lot of good free games like SRO, etc but hey it's not that many. You couldn't be an avid PC gamer and survive on free games.

But at the end of the day you can't fully compare cost of PC to cost of consoles either, since PC's can do a wide range of things so unless people buy PC"s SOLELY for gaming and nothing else whatsoever, no price comparison can be made. As for consoles being able to do computing tasks, yes that is true but not with the same user friendliness and speed you can with a regular PC I would imagine.
    Ok pc gamers are pirates, but the cost to be a console gamer still equals to some extent the cost of being a pc gamer, and as you also stated pc's are worth more. Lets look at this practically.

At current prices etc, the pc gamer would have to spend initially say $1200 for a proper pc that can handle the current batch of games. PC games normally cost about 10 dollars less than console games. So Lets say he buys the 10 most current titles at $49.99 each, that brings up the cost of being a PC gamer to $1700. Fine, there is no need to buy joysticks and stuff cuz most games can play comfortably with mouse and keyboard. And of course online play is free for PC gamers so you have to add the internet bill to that of lets just say $30 per month. $1730 total

For a console gamer... lets say a xbox360 owner. The cost for the console (from amazon.com) is $310. Xbox live for online play $49.99 (1 year), the cost for 10 games is 590.99. The cost for that hdtv to play it on is $714.00. and of course $30 dollars per month. The cost to own an xbox 360 is therefore 1693.99

(notice i didn't add the price for controllers to that cuz i'm working on the same basis as pc gamers so there is only going to be one gamer and all multiplayer will come from online games, or whoever want to come game with u better bring them own controller lol)

So the cost to own a console is only 40 dollars less than the cost to own a pc. Doesnt seem like much in savings especially when you have to add the fact that most people who own consoles also own pc's and if you were to also buy a pc... say a low end basic pc (becuz heck you already have a console). So thats another $300 for a basic pc (from hp).

I could further attack this by looking at the fact that, there are certain games that are console specific. In that case if you want to fully enjoy your console gaming experience you would have to buy all 3 consoles. This does also affect the pc gamers who cant play the games that are released for consoles... but hey you could easily just buy a gamepad ($30-40) and get to downloading emulators.

ps: If I was to calculate this as a pirate the cost for pc gamers would be cut back down to about 1300 dollars since they wouldn't have to buy games.
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

do what i do and get all of them. we kinda goin off topic by comparin pc to consoles but the extra information is appreciated. SO i wont be buyin another xbox 360 since 66% of the ones currently on store shelves are of the old hardware design. M$ should be sued for this. ive never lost 35k b4 oh well such is life.
    Last edited by Malloc-X; Dec 1, 2007 at 07:09 PM.
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    This is what I was trying to tell them, but in my way. Course no one break the code so they still on the console side.

Really what i'm saying is that pc will still be able to handle games, provided that you got the latest video card when the games were released up until games get a lil bit too intense to run at max again. But the point is, it'll still be playable, but quality will have to be sacrificed for performance. And I for one prefer performance over quality for most games.
    Let's say that you can build/buy a gaming PC for about US$1000 (and that's on the low end). How long do you expect it to keep up with the latest games?
    When it reaches the point that it can't keep up with the games anymore, what is it going to cost you to upgrade it? Also consider that depending on how long you wait to upgrade, you may end up having to pretty much rebuild the computer to ensure there are no compatibility issues with hardware.

Most people don't buy a PC just to play the latest games on it. They buy it to perform various functions (which may include gaming). As such, it is not practical or feasible for most people to be spending money on upgrading their PC just to run a game. And if you are a serious gamer, then there's only so much low res and bare minimum settings you will tolerate before you want to upgrade. Where does that leave you?

Quote Originally Posted by PowPow
    But with consoles now, yuh have to get the next version of it to play the latest games, as they have no backward compatibility about dem. Only console I'd get is a Wii for group gaming and solo, but mainly group as that's really what makes console more fun to play.
    Dude, XBOX 360 is backward compatible with some XBOX games. Nintendo Wii has their virtual console on which you game play games from previous Nintendo systems and even some non-Nintendo systems. PS3 (except for the 40Gb model) is backward compatible with most previous PS system games, and if you got a 60Gb model, you have 100% backward compatibility.

The console lifecycle is typically what? 5 years or so? Games are still being released for PS2, 7 years after its release! Once a game is released for a system, no upgrades are usually needed to allow it to be played for that system.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis2kx View Post
    BCK does have a point. THe only way all the PC game defenders think its cheaper is because they are PIRATES! I'm sure if you bought all the games you wanted to play, you wouldn't be so quick to jump on cost.
    Yes I know there are a lot of good free games like SRO, etc but hey it's not that many. You couldn't be an avid PC gamer and survive on free games.

But at the end of the day you can't fully compare cost of PC to cost of consoles either, since PC's can do a wide range of things so unless people buy PC"s SOLELY for gaming and nothing else whatsoever, no price comparison can be made. As for consoles being able to do computing tasks, yes that is true but not with the same user friendliness and speed you can with a regular PC I would imagine.
    The point about piracy is a valid one. Many people prefer PCs for gaming simply because it's easier to avoid paying for games.

Today though, consoles (some of them anyhow) are just as functional as PCs. So you can still make a value/price comparison. For example, for someone who does not have a computer already, and is faced with the options to get a PC, or a console, it would be quite feasible for them to get a console, and still be able to perform PC like functions for cheaper.

The RROD thing is messed up still. My condolences to all those affected.

yeah I finally got my red ring of death now damn but I am in miami now and I am gonna change it

Lucky that u in Miami.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5