• There is limited Hardware Support?

7 16.67%
  • There are too many flavors?

5 11.90%
  • There are not enough software?

8 19.05%
  • Too Geeky?

3 7.14%
  • There is not enough high quality games?

4 9.52%
  • Too difficult to use/not user friendly

14 33.33%
  • Don't care about it

1 2.38%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why people fear Linux

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    i will be in my grave by the time linux hit the desktop.
    Unless you are typing from a laptop in a coffin in a grave some where (you actually get signal 6 feet down under?) Ubunto is already "on the desktop". A dell desktop that is. http://www.dell.com/content/topics/s...=19&l=en&s=dhs

dat look cross stilll..... Could you send me that boot screen???
    www.carhuntja.com - Buy and Sell Cars in Jamaica! - Coming Soon
    www.blackspade-ent.com - Jamaicas #1 Online Community
    www.mybbunlock.com - Instant Blackberry Unlocks Only 9.99 USD
    www.starallianceja.com - Negril's #1 In Entertainment

Too much flavor for an os that has limited support,, not enuff software, no real games, not userfriendly, not enuff geeks in the world. I guess you get my point. ALL OF THE ABOVE!! i will be in my grave by the time linux hit the desktop. ive been reading magazine for years about linux going mainstream _> never happend. xp was out for ages linux didnt even make a push. linux offers stability but i can go the the mac os for that. what linux "people" dont understand is people nowadays is not looking for complexities we are looking for a easy,efficient solutions. why the hell in this day and age i would want to sit down and type 50 commands for a simple process when i can make a few clicks.

Well i can see with the flavours been confusing, software, games been limited, but i don't understand the geek and user friendliness issue. Linux is very user friendly and a point to note. It is more "plug & play" than Windows claim to be. Microsoft as money to pay hardware developers and they may be the de facto for now, but Linux is coming and coming hard. It is very hard for a "free" software to go mainstream if no funds are not available to market it. Ubuntu doing a great job!!! KDE, gnome, XFce are doing a great job with the interface design and I believe that linux will rise and windows will......

Until hardware companies release there drives under the GPL license Linux will continue to face certain issues, OpenSource rules, those "big guys" know that and they are switching. IBM, AMD, Intel, Sony, Sun, HP, NVidia have already join, more to come.

Linux is gonna take the world by storm, A Linux dominated world, sounds like paradise. Do you think DoD, CIA, FBI or US Military would depend on Windows to "defend" there most top secret data or run there supercomputers, sounds like a joke just thinking about it. Get realm get a life and join the Linux world. You might actually learn something. A good Linux and user is always a great Windows users, because fundamentals are learn and exercised. Using Linux has teach me a lot a core features that are very fundamental to the running of any OS. Windows might do a great job by using there "windows" to hide these activities, while Linux give you a choice to edit everything.

We are still slaves, subjected and deduced to accepting the superior, even though it is inferior. I like choices and i don't want to be limited
    Last edited by ferronrsmith; Jul 11, 2007 at 01:19 PM.

As soon as you make something idiot proof, Nature makes better idiots!!!

Think big, think smart, think linux

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Unless you are typing from a laptop in a coffin in a grave some where (you actually get signal 6 feet down under?) Ubunto is already "on the desktop". A dell desktop that is. http://www.dell.com/content/topics/s...=19&l=en&s=dhs

oh please. lets see how much unit they sell. most of that stuff will be sold oversees in europe then what they will do is format it and put a bootleg version of windows. They will buy it with linux just to get it cheaper so dont give me that crap about ubuntu on desktop. GARBAGE!!!
    everyone i know had linux reformmed and run back to windows.

Linux is gonna take the world by storm, A Linux dominated world, sounds like paradise.

Give me a break been hearing this all my life. maybe on phones, pda, and the likes but no way on the desktop. Mac OS was smart when they took away all that command crap. trust me the cia and the rest of them use windows; linux too geeky fi dem most of them in those offices cant even tie dem shoe lace much less to use linux. the other day i set up a dhcp server with about 10 clicks try doing that on a linux machine
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jul 11, 2007 at 01:19 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau

You are is a bunch of pirates. Whether they switch back to Windows, dual boot or continue with Ubuntu it is there choice, something Microsoft can't offer, because you all are a bunch:

You all are infected with the Microsoft virus

Last edited by ferronrsmith; Jul 11, 2007 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ferronrsmith View Post
    You are is a bunch of pirates. Whether they switch back to Windows, dual boot or continue with Ubuntu it is there choice, something Microsoft can't offer, because you all are a bunch:

yow get rid of that damn image that is annoying.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jul 11, 2007 at 01:30 PM. Reason: removed profanity
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau

Is it really that hard to accept what you really are. I accept that Linux maybe on the lower strata, but then again do people really know what they want? O do they just want what they know?

This post clearly is not to intimidate Windows users, it is to clearly and concisely state why users have a fear in using linux.
    Last edited by ferronrsmith; Jul 11, 2007 at 01:46 PM.

yow get rid of that damn image that is annoying.
    Di images look wicked!!!! Well LINUX users you stick to Linux and the smarter ppl will stick to windows...

You are really insane, but then again, i believe in choices. Your version of Windows

Ya can tell mi where ya get those pics???? Dem look hard...