Thread: iPhone cracked by DVD Jon.

Default iPhone cracked by DVD Jon.

From the I am not surprised department...

The notorious Norwegian hacker Jon Lech Johansen -- better known as "DVD Jon" for releaseing code that broke DVD copy protection in the late 1990s -- has drawn first blood with the iPhone.

Johansen has posted a workaround on the Internet that allows iPhone owners to use their devices in a limited fashion without having to first activate it with AT&T.

The code, which he posted Tuesday on his blog in an entry entitled "iPhone Independence Day," transforms the iPhone into a very expensive iPod and Internet communicator.
    Read Story Here...
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

DVD Jon, may be the best news that the iphone users have heard this week.
    Pc= Hp dv6t

So this just makes it a very expensive ipod but no phone capabilities.
    Intel Pentium E2160 clocked to 2.3- Gigabyte 945GCM-S2C- 2 x 2048 DDR2- 160gb WD sata, 640gb WD sata and 250 gb maxtor external hd -Vista Ultimate - 2 20x's dual layer Dvd burner one with lightscribe- 9 in 1 card reader - AverMedia UltraTV 1500 MCE TV card and Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb in a Antec 300 iPhone Ping iD fortis4eva

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS.......IPHONE SUX.... I dont see what people hyping about really.........it's like the PS3 .......having all these features yet the full capacity of the device aint being exploited by 96% of owners.....and paying some huge bucks for it

Yung_Jah Guest

Well.....I am guessing the reason why people are so hyped about getting an iPhone is because they want to see a difference in how the phone operate compared to other mobile phones.

It is like people want to try something new by using Linux or Apple OS.....giving Windows OS a break.

I wouldn't mind seeing what iPhone is all about.

Unlock it and then i'd be interested. Must can work on C&W if u unlock it. Some sort of firmware flash...

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Damn i knew he wud do sh*t like this but hey that hacker is da boss 4 now.(goin be betta than him) IPHONE=F**KRY IT GWAN BAD (MY OPINION)
    Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.
    No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

Seems like any and every phone from overseas these days mainly only work on C&W........especially some high end models. Could the I(diot)Phone be one ???

Quote Originally Posted by technician View Post
    HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS.......IPHONE SUX
    I agree, who the hell wants to activate the phone with AT&T? Apple would make even more money if they market the iPhone factory unlocked with no AT&T contract.

Thats what ive been saying if the icrap reaches jamaica then it would only be on CW. Because CW and ATT&T operate on the same north american Gsm frequencies. Digicrap uses European.
    Pc= Hp dv6t