Thread: PBX retailers

Default PBX retailers

Hey TechJa,

I would like to know any companies that sell and preferable rent PBX systems. Even virtual hosting a PBX is acceptable.

rental period would be approximately a year.

Our Current system is a Nothern Meridian M, 8 lines 32 extensions. Any system that can handle these specifications and is reliable will be accepted.

Thanks
    bored with too much to do

im in the states but i think nortel is in jamaica i saw a few pbx when i was down there. dem system reliable thats what we use here.
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau

Duster if I'm not mistaken Northern Meridan is a Nortel product back in the days when they were known as Northern Telecom. The fact that he still has one of those shows just how reliable Nortel's equipment is.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Duster if I'm not mistaken Northern Meridan is a Nortel product back in the days when they were known as Northern Telecom. The fact that he still has one of those shows just how reliable Nortel's equipment is.
    Yes, the Nortel company was fomerly Nothern Telecom, however in Jamaica a middle man is used. Cable and Wireless previously imported and deployed and maintained these system, but as of last year they will only sell PBX systems. I would like to know if they are any other companies in Jamaica doing this.

Check Fujitsu Jamaica and Cable & Wireless Jamaica. I think I also heard that Digicel is also a Nortel dealer, or rather they provide Nortel solutions for clients. I'm not sure which if any of them actually rent though.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by selasieye View Post
    Hey TechJa,

I would like to know any companies that sell and preferable rent PBX systems. Even virtual hosting a PBX is acceptable.

rental period would be approximately a year.

Our Current system is a Nothern Meridian M, 8 lines 32 extensions. Any system that can handle these specifications and is reliable will be accepted.

Thanks
    Selasieye, PM me with this info. I may have a Virtual PBX Solution for you.

1. Budget
    2. Type of Phones / VoIP Phones if any
    3. Where will you be calling (Jamaica only or Jamaica, US & Canada, etc)
    4. Future Expansion plans outside of 8 Lines & 32 Extensions
    5. Inter-office calling if any
    6. Any other useful information
    Dain Bramaged
    Google Voice: 954-779-6436

http://www.prolexic.com Now Apart of Akamai Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Check Fujitsu Jamaica and Cable & Wireless Jamaica. I think I also heard that Digicel is also a Nortel dealer, or rather they provide Nortel solutions for clients. I'm not sure which if any of them actually rent though.
    Thanks Chris,
    I found out

Digicel -
    Offers PBX as part of a corporrate agreement, allows you to call digicel numbers unlimited. Not the intercom/inter-office based solution I was hoping for.

Cable and Wireless -
    I am having a bit of a issue getting a timely response, and this is a time sensitive issue. They have a solution (centrex I think) its like a PBX but the hardware is housed at the phone company (ip based)

Fujitsu -
    Can implement the system, still waiting on my proposals.

755-PBX7 -
    They retail systems as well and they also lease systems, depending on the duration and size, still waiting on my proposals.

You can also rent, Purchase or Lease a PBX system from Lunar Telecom , I actually leased a 8 Extension System from this company at a great rate.

I recommend to take a look at this company they are a great alternative to the big companies selling PBX in Jamaica , their prices are very reasonable almost half of what your would be paying the big guys, plus support is excellent.
    Here is the info.

Lunar Telecom
    www.lunartelecom.com/jm
    960-0020