Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: UCC's Associate Degree in Management Information Systems

Not that i am Bashing the MIS FANS but if you want to do a technician course then AAIT is the way. AAIT is offersed at EXCED (which i have completed) or you can do it at UCC. MIS is a great course but its not a course for what u are talking about. AAIT goes in dept in computer repairs, Windows 2000, win 2k server, novel and then u get the technical part of networking with the theory part to back it up. MIS is more programing base that teaches C C++ java AI .......
    While AAIT gives u even novel and computer graphics which is not in MIS, for me there in nothing out there better than this course. In the BSc for AAIT you the get the network side of linux java java ++ and also some other business modules thats not in AAIT.

NB there are business modules in AAIT along with Physcology and some other stuff. MIS more management and programing, AAIT management and Networking.
    Last edited by The good guy; Jun 30, 2007 at 11:25 PM.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. Live for computers or else they will live for you.
    8368993 (lime) 303-1359 (digi) blunt60us@yahoo.com

I totally concur with u GOOD GUY!!!!
    as for me however, before AAIT got that name, it was called electronic engineering Which i did. Grant you i learnt alot from it and at that time it was a 3 yr course for the associates degree and AAIT is now 2 yrs and it is also accredited! When i did it it was not. Didn't wanna go do same thing again and as u said, MIS is more management and programming. Also earlier in the thread some also mentioned that MIS basiaclly teaches you what you need to know to start your own business and this is true. It equips you with all the tols you neeed.
    MIS is an all rounder course.
    AAIT is also a very good course but it would be for those ppl who really wanna get very very technical.
    Im a technical person and i can get really really technical but its good to have a mix

Sorry wrong course king AAIT was call CSO which was a diploma course electronic engineering is still there and its now accredited very good course i must say i have a friend who did it . I really do like mis and i will be doing AMIS this sept because only 6 modules i would have to do. Can't belive is so many Exced peps on this site Big up Exed techies uno large
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. Live for computers or else they will live for you.
    8368993 (lime) 303-1359 (digi) blunt60us@yahoo.com

ok my bad but i wasnt far off.
    After doing the associates is electronic engineering there (CSE) i only had to do 3 modules in first yr MIS so i did some second yr classes at the same tym and it was almost the same for second semester. so second yr i had less subject doing than everyone else but from 3rd yr up i had to do everything

well im there now ...

well im there now ...
    and?? how tings stay?

well the program is well rounded.. i reserve any more comments til after a semester or year ...

youw would fall in middle management, i think its an OK degree