Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UCC's Associate Degree in Management Information Systems

thanks ... keep the comments flowing ... i dont want to waste my time and money, but on the othert hand i dont want to waste a year waiting to get into Utech ... keep it coming

Well im currently enrolled in that program yeah the school could improve a whole lot based on the money you paying . But the point I'm trying to make here is that do employers here care that your degree is accredited . The reason why i ended up at UCC is because i never got through to UTECH and i had to do a dumb *** aptitude test and pay for it plus registration . Was thinking about EXCED but i have heard nightmare about that school stuff like lecturers not showing up and this whole laid back foolishness . Im not saying UCC is perfect but right now with this job thing i think its better to have some paper than no paper at all and thats my reason for sticking there

let me add my little 2 cent to this..

UCC.. is currently undergo the final stages of accrediation with Unversity Council .... So for all student complete the BSc. in IT dont need to worry really as it is accredated.

From a personal stand point... from a person who has done schooling both at UWI, and UTECH and Oversea, the new Bsc. IT at the UCC is not bad.... mark you there are areas that need to be look at .. but still the course is not bad at all. and just like both university here .. they suffer from really poor administration... of course.. i still think its its sligthly better admin than UTECH but that my point of view
    Why fight Information Technology when you can outsource IT

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    the MIS UCC offer is crap, a rip off too if i may add

i agree, to tell you the honest truth, if u dont plan on goingto utech nor uwi or even get ur sat done to study overseas, u dont have a chance in surviving if all ur depending on is getting your degree done.

There is no where in Ja that can give you the degree you want.

I currently attend vector, finishing up their assoc. Its recognized in most IT businesses, but to get the real pay you got to have atleast a degree alongside some certs, now tell me, 5 years at utech...hell no, uwi.....aint giving me wat i want, ncu.....aint got no branch in kingston plus they dont have no part time programme 4 dat..................so my only alternative is the just stick with utech or study abroad......i tell you guys, there aint much opportunities in jamaica for techies who are really serious

so the ASC plus some cets is a viable alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by dark_kammealeon View Post
    Was thinking about EXCED but i have heard nightmare about that school stuff like lecturers not showing up and this whole laid back foolishness .

well i have finished this programme at EXED and i cant stand here and say that it is not a nightmare and lectures do turn up for their classes. I have completed the Bsc there. It is accredited there and going there is not a waste of time unless you want to waste your time. Trust me on that. U must also be mindful that out there in the world of work....... 85% of it is who u know!
    Exed had excellent teachers.

Another thing we all should be mindful of is that the degree alone cant save u OK! u will need to also get your professional certifications to back it up! if dem no want to hire you......... go abroad.. trust me on that. I have a cus who did her masters in MIS n she is now trying to get her CCNA certification and of course, after that she outa here !!!

Default MIS #1 Tech Course

Unlike other tech courses, Management Information Systems (MIS) makes you the Head of the tech Team, I just finished my Associate Degree and it was a lot of fun, much of the time. Exed has a great team of lecturers, if you ask me you get spoon fed there. On a different note everything is in close proximity no long walking from canteen to class and so fort. The only problem I had is they never served Chinese Meals in the canteen (hey i eat snickers and drink a vita-malt for breakfast i shouldn't complain) . The only thing i think is missing from the course was a inept study of networking using Linux and server technology. You cant go wrong, MIS is the #1 tech course. Oh and by the way when your finished you'll have every information needed to start a business. Exed is a Great place to Study MIS and di vibes always nice between students and lecturers (most of the time or probably just for me)

Quote Originally Posted by :+:+:+:Dr. Rokk:+:+:+: View Post
    Unlike other tech courses, Management Information Systems (MIS) makes you the Head of the tech Team, I just finished my Associate Degree and it was a lot of fun, much of the time. Exed has a great team of lecturers, if you ask me you get spoon fed there. On a different note everything is in close proximity no long walking from canteen to class and so fort. The only problem I had is they never served Chinese Meals in the canteen (hey i eat snickers and drink a vita-malt for breakfast i shouldn't complain) . The only thing i think is missing from the course was a inept study of networking using Linux and server technology. You cant go wrong, MIS is the #1 tech course. Oh and by the way when your finished you'll have every information needed to start a business. Exed is a Great place to Study MIS and di vibes always nice between students and lecturers (most of the time or probably just for me)
    NOW THAT SOLIDIFIES MY POINT PPL!!!
    NEED BOTH OF US SAY MORE ????

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    lol, i also agree with these main points. The Visual Basic teacher.. everybody in the class had a problem with him & pretty much all of the class failed the final exam. Between the language barrier and our complaining they gave us a make-up test..... dwl, funniest thing ever

90% > of the class failed and bcuz it would've looked bad on the school they gave another/ easier exam.. lmao
    OH SNAP!! you and i must have had the same teacher!! him cya teach fa ****!! 1 day he came to class with a problem and we couldn't do the problem.. and for the rest of the class he was there trying to work it out while we were like WTF?!?! well, it nuh surprise me cuz i failed his course miserably
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

do they have a website... where can i get some info on Exed ???