Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Utorrent setting for 6mb

Quote Originally Posted by seanbee20 View Post
    I tried that one but it kept giving me lots of errors when i opened a torrent file to download so i just uninstalled it plus i didn't see it on my sites approved client list.
    Set the maximum connection on one torrent to 15 max.. Stop all other downloads just do one download at a time it will max your bandwidth if your using private torrents.

Doing that now but not much of a difference (I am downloading from revtt).

Just going let it gwann download and try to tweak some more tomorrow.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Ok.. well I have no problems getting my torrents up to 600Kb/s - 740Kb/s. The only problem I have is the number of connections a torrent makes. When it gets to about 30 it degrades the connection and the speed suffers.

EDIT:

HERE I JUST SHOT THIS:

Last edited by leoandru; Jun 14, 2007 at 12:10 AM.

Man I envy you and you are only connected to 15 seeders, I am connected to over 100 at a time .

I think I am going to stick to Azureus still, it has yielded me the highest I have seen to date on the connection (489 down)
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by seanbee20 View Post
    Man I envy you and you are only connected to 15 seeders, I am connected to over 100 at a time .

I think I am going to stick to Azureus still, it has yielded me the highest I have seen to date on the connection (489 down)
    Well I noticed that I would never get to 500Mb/s if I have too much connections on one torrent. On private sites with their 100Mbits seed boxes I can afford to drop the connection count. Also I noticed that the Flow connection degrades to a halt if I have a torrent with 50 tcp connections or more and downloading from 30 or more peers/seeds simultaneously, from what I noticed Its not the amount of connection its the amount of simultaneous active transfers from a peer/seed. So by keeping my connection count down I have been able to max my speed and still browse comfortably.

Anyways I would love to hear the experience of others on this topic.

Ok when i go home I will reduce my maximum number of connections and see if that helps. I had reduced it using utorrent and no difference I will try the same using azureus.