Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Final Fantasy

Default Re:Final Fantasy

[quote author=Troy link=board=11;threadid=4813;start=15#msg46168 date=1089418367]
    damn i havent been able to ffx yet i started it an gave up..........
    [/quote]

- Hush. It requires a lot of patience to play a game like this. Ideally, no final fantasy game should be played without a walkthrough. It simply makes no sense to play the game without one. You won't truly enjoy it otherwise.

[quote author=Makaveli link=board=11;threadid=4813;start=15#msg45989 date=1089335368]
    iv finished all ff except ff7 as well, very long, ff-x was easy. havent got ffx2 as yet.
    [/quote]

- Easy is relative. Did you complete each and every single side quest? Also, did you fight and defeat the Omega Weapon? (which is tougher than the last boss). That's the only time you'll realise how difficult FFX really is.

[quote author=Makaveli link=board=11;threadid=4813;start=15#msg45989 date=1089335368]o yea did u know that the summons behemoth and leviathan are in the bible a christian friend of mine pointed it out to me, check job 41-42
    [/quote]

- Yeah man. In fact, all of the summons from every final fantasy game are derived from mythical beasts or legendary warriors from Japanese or other mythologies. Some of the inspirations are real, others are not.

[quote author=Deathstorm link=board=11;threadid=4813;start=15#msg45304 date=1088975826]
    I like RPGS the most. When start playing i play like for 10-15 hours. ;D a day
    [/quote]

- The last final Fantasy that hooked me like that was Final Fantasy X. I think it is so far, the very best final fantasy game ever made. Period. And I've played all of them.

[quote author=OmegaX link=board=11;threadid=4813;start=15#msg45257 date=1088899785]
    well I'll have you Know that I'm a big FF fan and and even bigger RPG fan and what I like most about it is the story lines most of the time they are what keep me playing a game and also the music which cordinates with what is happening[/quote]

- The storyline is always what makes the final fantasy games great, number 1. Number 2 is the stunning CG sequences. Did you know that in Final Fantasy X, near the end of the game, just before you fight the last boss, you can go back and watch every single cutscene that was shown in the entire game? Yes you can! (talk about replay value!)

Just before you go in to fight the last boss, save your game at the sphere outside and can go back to the Luca Stadium via the airship. Just board the airship from the save sphere. Once at Luca, go to the theatre outside of the square and inside, you can buy movie spheres. By the time you reach the end of the game, you should have enough money to buy all of the movie spheres in one go. These movie spheres are all of the cut scenes from the entire game. You can watch them all here in the movie theatre. Remember, you can only access all of the spheres when you only have the last boss left to fight.

Default Re:Final Fantasy

[quote author=OmegaX link=board=11;threadid=4813;start=15#msg45257 date=1088899785]But one RPG I think is well worth mentioning is "Golden Sun" and "Golden Sun II The Lost age" for game boy advance I tell you these two games are awesome.[/quote]

- Believe me, I know what you mean. ;D

[quote author=OmegaX link=board=11;threadid=4813;start=15#msg45257 date=1088899785]btw have you also played the Final Fantasy for super nintendo?
    [/quote]

- Yes, but I can only play them via devious means nowadays.

[quote author=Deathstorm link=board=11;threadid=4813;start=15#msg45205 date=1088811579]
    Xeno you finish ffx that most be hard i have not played it yet but i am going to buy it and ffx-2
    [/quote]

- FFX was only frustratingly hard when pursuing the side quests. The most frustrating ones were obtaining the ultimate weapons for Tidus and Lulu. For Tidus, you had to run a chocobo through a field of ballons while dodging oncoming birds. It took me a few hundred attempts to beat that challenge. Lulu's ultimate weapon was accessible in the Thunder Plains where you had to dodge 200 successive lightning bolts. It was utter hair tearing frustration.

But I gotta tell you, the ultimate weapons made the last boss a wimp. The battle was over in 1 turn. My characters were all leveled up to 99, and their health maxed out at 9999. I had gotten so deep in that game, I was fighting monsters that were harder than the last boss. I had gotten to the point where each character was dealing 80,000 hit points of damage for each blow. The last boss' HP was only 60,000. It was a sweet overkill. I LOVED Final Fantasy X.

[quote author=Troy link=board=11;threadid=4813;start=30#msg46425 date=1089610291]
    yeh thats what its called but i hear its not as good as ffx
    [/quote]

- I've been playing FFX-2 for some months now, and I gotta tell you, it's not doing a great job of holding my interest. FFX was eons more superior in terms of gameplay to it. There are many conventions in FFX-2 that I sincerely detest. But I won't spoil it here for those of you who haven't played it yet. I don't want to colour your opinions before you try it out for yourself.

[quote author=OmegaX link=board=11;threadid=4813;start=30#msg47145 date=1089941862]
    Thats true when you play the newer versions it's hared to even think about playing the older ones thats why when ever I know I'm going to get a new one I hurry and finish the other one I was playing and make sure not to open the new one and because of this when I played them on snes I only Played IV, V, VI and it was hard to even look at the others
    [/quote]

- True that. I've had Final Fantasy 7 for 8 years now, and I still haven't touched disc 3 yet. When I saw the gameplay graphics and the in game cinema for FF8, I was blown away. I'd never seen graphics like that in a game before. It was mind blowing. I started playing 8 and couldn't put it down... FF7 was left in the dust. I finished 8 about 4 or 5 times. I tried to pick up 7 again, and it seemed so disgusting to me, that I couldn't sit out an entire mission. There was such a massive quantum leap between FF8 and FF7, that after experiencing 8, it was impossible to go back to 7. To this day, I still can't pick up that game again. It just seems.... wrong. :-\

Default Re: Final Fantasy

I LUV RPGS, my favorite was chrono trigger for the SNES. I luv final fantasy played most of them. i play the ones on snes with an emulator durin class if the teacher is talking nonsense.

I use walkthroughs because i hate missin somethin then have to back track for it. now that i have my laptop i lie in bed and read the walkthrough and play at the same time.

I dont level up in rpgs because then the game becomes to easy and then it will get boring. I like fightin the last boss with low level characters to prove my skill.

I dont get the strongest weapons for the same reason i dont level up.

I beat FFX with my chars at level 45. durin the last boss battle lulu was takin to long to cast her spells (b'cuz i didn't level up) so i had tidus kill her (that was fun) and then use auron and tidus to beat the boss.

beat ff7 in like 80 hrs, beat ff8 in 24hrs haven't played 9 yet and i stop playing FFX-2 (dont want to help 3 girls look for nuh man)
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS

Default Re: Final Fantasy

i wish in rpgs after gettin info from the NPCs u could kill them and burn down the village that would be fun. and when i reach boss battles i want them to know mi a badman and just run and nuh badda waste me.
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS