Thread: Anyone here testing out Windows Server 2003 RC2?

Default Anyone here testing out Windows Server 2003 RC2?

Anyone here happen to be testing out the new server operating system "Windows Server 2003 previously known as Windows.Net 2003 that Microsoft will be releasing this April? ;D

Default Re:Anyone here testing out Windows Server 2003 RC2?

I have the beta, but I haven't installed it. Should I?

prodmaster, I'm not testing it out, but would like to take the opportunity to pass on info to others here that Microsoft Jamaica is currently giving out copies of it. Contact Microsoft Jamaica if you're interested by calling them at (876) 960-8820 or e-mail i-colkir@microsoft.com.

Haven't made up my mind yet.

I use Windows primarily for MS SQL and terminal services.

Don't all shout at once. We use commercial programmes that are not supported on any open source SQL platform.

With Windows 2003 there are some nice enhancements re: printing over terminal services.

Here is my problem. When using Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Pro and XP come with their own terminal server client access licences (TSCAL). One only needs to purchase additional licences if one is running Windows 9x or a non-Windows client like Linux.

The rules are changing with the new server product. One is now expected to go out and buy TSCAL's if one is going to run any client over terminal services.

These guys now want to charge for something that was once free. Terminal services is a great programme but it will be too expensive to use with Windows 2003 unless Microsoft changes its mind.

Let us see what the market does on this one.