Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to install Xp on a laptop that doesn't come with a CD-ROM drive?

Default How to install Xp on a laptop that doesn't come with a CD-ROM drive?

I have a laptop that comes with a floppy drive but it does not have a cd drive. And it does not support usb or external boot devices. How can i install xp or windows 2000 on it.
    The world can be a better place.....
    1st. believe

Why would you want to put xp on such an old system?? But if you insist check this XP on floppy link
    Intel Pentium E2160 clocked to 2.3- Gigabyte 945GCM-S2C- 2 x 2048 DDR2- 160gb WD sata, 640gb WD sata and 250 gb maxtor external hd -Vista Ultimate - 2 20x's dual layer Dvd burner one with lightscribe- 9 in 1 card reader - AverMedia UltraTV 1500 MCE TV card and Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb in a Antec 300 iPhone Ping iD fortis4eva

Yung_Jah Guest

Dash weh dat deh machine.....ah joke mi ah run. Not everyone is fortunate.

That link provided seems to be a good one for those who still have old machines.

But hear yah....how would that laptop handle XP? I would suppose that you install either 98, Millenium or 2000.

Or you can put the Hard Drive in an external enclosure and install it on another machine, or put the HD in another machine and install. When you put it back into the original laptop let the OS find the drivers.
    111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

Use an external harddrive.
    Or you can network the laptop and use a cd drive of a another computer.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

the easiest way is to use networking.
    Pc= Hp dv6t

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis4Eva View Post
    He needs the 'entire' OS on a floppy drive (I know how funny this sounds). Hence I doubt that your link will be of much use to him.

He'll have to follow Soapcreek's directions. Unfortunately machines like those do not have the option of installing from a network.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    He needs the 'entire' OS on a floppy drive (I know how funny this sounds). Hence I doubt that your link will be of much use to him.

He'll have to follow Soapcreek's directions. Unfortunately machines like those do not have the option of installing from a network.
    It's broken into 6 floppies like in the old days b4 cd's numbered 1 to 6, if he can download them from another pc save the 6 floppies he can do it that way if he can't get the laptop hard drive in a external case or has an adapter for use in a regular pc
    Last edited by Fortis4Eva; Jun 5, 2007 at 08:55 PM.
    Intel Pentium E2160 clocked to 2.3- Gigabyte 945GCM-S2C- 2 x 2048 DDR2- 160gb WD sata, 640gb WD sata and 250 gb maxtor external hd -Vista Ultimate - 2 20x's dual layer Dvd burner one with lightscribe- 9 in 1 card reader - AverMedia UltraTV 1500 MCE TV card and Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb in a Antec 300 iPhone Ping iD fortis4eva

Thanks for the clarification.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis4Eva View Post
    It's broken into 6 floppies like in the old days b4 cd's numbered 1 to 6, if he can download them from another pc save the 6 floppies he can do it that way if he can't get the laptop hard drive in a external case or has an adapter for use in a regular pc
    XP hold pon 6 floppy. .. summin nu sound right desso

I had windows 3.11 on floppies, and it was like 14 floppies or there about ..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram