Thread: virtualization in Jamaica

shane200_ Guest

Default virtualization in Jamaica

I am not sure this this is the right place to start this topic, I would like to know how big is virtualization in Jamaica is, how much companies running any form of virtualization.

Not sure how prominent it is but I have been informed that it is practiced by large companies like NCB.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Virtualize the world.... shane it is the future... you have to embrace it... VMware is the best but i prefer Citrix Xen... it just does networking nicer... for me...
    cell: 807-4523| email: mysonchug@yahoo.com | PM Me

shane200_ Guest

so not a lot of companies in Jamaica doing it then...

If a company is serious about I.T. and making better use of their resources along with cutting costs on electricity and cooling, then virtualization is used somewhere in the organisation. Simple as that. Many companies are utilizing virtualization despite the few responses here.

TwistedPair Guest

Well my company has, we started with virtual server 2005 and moving to hyper-v. Every IT manager I have spoken with employs it to some degree and why not, the Microsoft server license allows you to run 4-8 servers per server license and most modern hardware can easily accommodate the load.

Virtualization is being widely used in Jamaica, but you won't know this unless you are involved with it - either selling it, or using it. And in many cases, companies that use it don't know of other companies who use it as well.

There are 5 VMware Partners/Service providers in Jamaica - listed here on the VMware partner locator portal. Plus there are some new entrants into the service provider space who are not yet listed. There are also Citrix partners selling Xen, and of course Microsoft partners who promote Hyper-V. All of these platforms are in use, though VMware is currently the most widely deployed.
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

Anybody interested in seeing a live demo of server virtualization, desktop virtualization and application virtualization... and how everything works just hit me up!!!!

Cloud is the future... Get with it or get left behind!!!!!!!!
    Dip,Bsc,CCNA,CCSP,MCP.. Up next MCSA WINDOWS 8, CCNA SECURITY,CCNP SWITCH,
    CCNA SEEKING AN OPPORTUNITY
    Theres no Friend Like Google..........

This is definately the way to go for sure. there are several companies in jamaica that offer this service now.

it is highly used among most companies small, medium and large from what i have seen and helped implement.
    Knowledge is just wasted time if not put to action
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Network +, A+, CCNA, CCDA, CXFS, Avaya (ACIS), MCP ...next stop CCNP,MCSE, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, VCP