Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 8.1 Will Start To Roll Out Tomorrow At 4 AM PDT

Default Windows 8.1 Will Start To Roll Out Tomorrow At 4 AM PDT

Tomorrow, at 4 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time, Windows 8.1 will begin to roll out as an optional update to Windows 8 users. The new software represents a reset and rebirth of the bets that Microsoft made with its Windows 8 operating system.

Windows 8.1 contains a grip of new features, including new built-in applications, fresh user-interface changes, and a more powerful search technology that elevates Bing as a component of the Microsoft services suite. SkyDrive also has a prominent place in Windows 8.1, as Microsoft works to ensure that it continues to manage its users’ files wherever they are stored. (For a quick look at why that matters, head here.)
    Read more: http://techcrunch.com/2013/10/16/win...w-at-4-am-pdt/

4am PDT is 6am EST (our time).
    But this is a staged roll out so not everyone will see it to upgrade at the same time.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Great! Cant wait to get this.
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

Hmmm.. The proof of the pudding is in the eating..Lets see what it actually offers by way of changes and upgrades and then assess.

I see it my store now anyone updated yet? Any issues reviews please.
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
    I see it my store now anyone updated yet? Any issues reviews please.
    no issues... updated my laptop, work desktop and RT tablet at the same time with no issue. My personal desktop had 8.1 over a month now...

I was not so fortunate, first I had the windows 8.1 secure boot not configured watermark. Going into the bios, enabling secure boot and installing asrock's default keys sorted that out. Then XBMC and Geforce Experience refused to work, however, uninstalling Rivatuner fixed that issue. Now I am grappling with a most annoying sound card issue, on every reboot my titanium x-fi goes to headset/gaming mode and thus there is no sound through the speakers, when changed back to entertainment mode all setting are reset and have to be reconfigured each time.

No issues with my laptop - just updated
    Phone: Nexus 4 | [ALL STOCK] | Powered by Digicel
    System: Asus Maximus V Gene | Core I5 3570K | CM Hyper 212 | 3x 4GB 1866MHz | GTX 670 FTW | Crucial M4 256 and WD Caviar Black 1TB & 640 GB | Asus 24x DVD RW | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair HX650

Quote Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
    I was not so fortunate, first I had the windows 8.1 secure boot not configured watermark. Going into the bios, enabling secure boot and installing asrock's default keys sorted that out. Then XBMC and Geforce Experience refused to work, however, uninstalling Rivatuner fixed that issue. Now I am grappling with a most annoying sound card issue, on every reboot my titanium x-fi goes to headset/gaming mode and thus there is no sound through the speakers, when changed back to entertainment mode all setting are reset and have to be reconfigured each time.
    seek out the updated versions of drivers and software - many providers have pushed out new updates...

What am I missing lol ? Other than Boot to Desktop and the Fake @$$ Start Button What other (Major) Differences you guys see in 8.1
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

here is a short list there are a number of other features as well

http://lifehacker.com/all-the-new-st...-8-1-587098156