Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Seen Flow in Your Area? Lets See How Fast Things Are Moving

Quote Originally Posted by psybuck2002us View Post
    Flow is a joker. they wired my road since December. They did some more work in March/April. All now the service not available to me. I live on University crescent - sanwiched right between Mona and Papine/Tavern. Mona has gotten service from last year and when i went to Flow's head office, i hear that Tavern recently get service. I am like WTF. I promptly just ask back for my refund cuz i had signed up and paid from December, since they claim that University Crescent would get service by March.

Flow's unkept promises makes it easier to throw my hard working money to C&W and their mediocre DSL service. Shame on Flow.
    You payed before you got the service?
    Weird.

ive seen them in dhaney park and cooreville gardens in th las 2 months but rite ya now me nah see dem just cables wrapped on the light posts.
    Ita splendeat lux vestra

Quote Originally Posted by Richardgm View Post
    You payed before you got the service?
    Weird.
    Yeah that is weird cause they don't sign you up unless they are sure service is in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    Yeah that is weird cause they don't sign you up unless they are sure service is in your area.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

saw them june 2006 working on the phone polls that pasts right next to my house and its still not available. oh well.
    Macbook Core Duo 1.83ghz
    OS X 10.4.10 - 1.25gb Ram

Red Hills seem like the last set of ppl in kgn/st andrew who gonna be get service
    So looks like we have another yr at least

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    Red Hills seem like the last set of ppl in kgn/st andrew who gonna be get service
    So looks like we have another yr at least
    It look so. But Pardy said, they would have Portmore ready by end of year. You think they would wire up portmore before finishing with St. Andrew?
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Flow don't know where to go... so them just drop one and two cables here and there. Saw them snooping in Clarendon... which caused C&W to do this rapid installation program. Haven't seen them in a while and guess what that mean? Yup....C&W moving so slow them going backwards

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Drove down to Sav yesterday....saw Flow vans all along the way there.

Trust me - when you see Flow in the rural areas, don't bother to hold your breath for service. They are just running the backbone fiber cables. Them don't plan to distribute just yet.

I did see them in Spanish Town once but that looks like it was a Site Visit. Haven't seen the trademark Burgundy Reels.

Does anybody know if the reels are conduit only or conduit with fibre inside?
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    It took 1 year and couple months for me to get service after I they ran their wires pass my house. No I'm not trying to get to down, but I'm trying to tell you that when you see them running wires that is just one fourth of the story.
    Seeing something similar where I am. I'm on Shortwood Road, which had cables on the main road well over a year ago but it wasn't until a few months back that my complex, which is just off said main road, was wired. It was an additional month and a half after before they made a half-hearted, door-to-door sales pitch. I was eventually able to subscribe over the phone but had to wait on my installation date.

It is what it and they'll get to my yard when they get here but I suspect any early price breaks we might have gotten from C&W won't be coming now. Their stranglehold on the [residential] broadband market seems as strong as it ever was and the promise of cheap bandwidth from Flow will hardly be enough to sway people who want Internet now.

I hope it is as Arch_Angel says and the reason for this is because the company is focussing the bulk of its resources on Portmore, which I admit probably holds more potential in terms selling the triad of cable, phone and internet.