Thread: CSS Codes

Default CSS Codes

I need to purchase a book on using CSS Codes to develop web pages....can anyone guide me on the name and author of the best book to use.....there are so many in stores just dont kno which to use
    RJQ Just Keeping it real and Living my Dream

Last edited by Utech22; May 24, 2007 at 06:34 PM.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

I am reading "CSS The Missing Manual" by David Sawyer McFarland. This is my first CSS book so I can't say it is the best CSS book, however it did get very good reviews on Amazon, and to me it seems excellent.

Designing with Web Standards (2nd Edition)

Best book for the CSS beginner, whether you have just started web-design or you have been doing table based layouts for years. Does a good job of explianing the rationale without being preachy. Takes you through the basic techniques and is a very easy read. This book that really gave a serious boost to the XHTML/CSS revolution. It was the first CSS book that I read (I actually read the 1st edition, but the second should be even better/more relevant).

CSS Mastery: Advanced Web Standards Solutions

After the initial honeymoon euphoria starts to wear off and you start running into to prolems doing more complex things with CSS (even some things which seemed easier with tables) it is time to get this book. This book compiles the volumes of knowledge out there on the web about different CSS techniques, chooses the best ones and teaches you how to use them. I wish I had bought it sooner.

Bulletproof Web Design: Improving flexibility and protecting against worst-case scenarios with XHTML and CSS

Haven't read this one in detail yet. It is a cookbook of advanced CSS techniques like making sure your layouts never breakdown even when text is resized or oversized content is used. There may be some amount of overlap with CSS Mastery.

Cascading Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide (2nd Edition)

The quintessential CSS reference. I don't actually use this one too often (I end up doing quick online searches more often) and the content is somewhat dry, but if ever want to explore the details of how floats work, this is the book to get.