Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Software Piracy

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan View Post
    Edited for content...
    Money tree? Far from it. Money wasn't the problem why I stole. I stole because I could. I stole because stealing the software was easier than buying it. I could very well pay for the software I took.

But it's no different than if I went to a store and picked up a software off the shelves and walked out. Many of us wouldn't do that. We would rather steal it off the internet in the comfort of our homes and then use excuses to satisfy our conscience (if you have one) that what we are doing isn't wrong.

Even the hackers that release the key-gen's, cracked software, etc. most times put in a notice in their programs stating that if you like the program, please support it by buying the software.

Lastly, there is a free open source alternative to almost every windows program out there. Temptation my foot! SEARCH!!!

I remember a guy came on radio on one of those tech shows that was on long ago. (You guys remember that?)
    They were talking about piracy and the works. His excuse he used for using pirated software, is that the companies set the prices of their software too high. Like the Adobe suite. So he is sending them a message to lower their prices.

If you can't pay for it, use an alternative. You're not limited to these paid only programs people. Educate yourself. Free your mind.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

search, of course we search
    search mininova and torrentspy and on ares and the like

Quote Originally Posted by frass2000 View Post
    search, of course we search
    search mininova and torrentspy and on ares and the like
    + thepiratebay

LOL

It look like every other month this software piracy stuff pops up
    NZXT S340*Asus Prime B350 Plus*AMD Ryzen 5 1600*Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 AIO*8GB Patriot Viper 3000MHZ DDR4*SanDisk 120GB SSD*Corsair CX 650 80+Bronze PSU*Windows 10 Pro 64bit*Acer R Series 21.5" IPS 1080p 4ms Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Money tree? Far from it. Money wasn't the problem why I stole. I stole because I could. I stole because stealing the software was easier than buying it. I could very well pay for the software I took.

But it's no different than if I went to a store and picked up a software off the shelves and walked out. Many of us wouldn't do that. We would rather steal it off the internet in the comfort of our homes and then use excuses to satisfy our conscience (if you have one) that what we are doing isn't wrong.

Even the hackers that release the key-gen's, cracked software, etc. most times put in a notice in their programs stating that if you like the program, please support it by buying the software.

Lastly, there is a free open source alternative to almost every windows program out there. Temptation my foot! SEARCH!!!

I remember a guy came on radio on one of those tech shows that was on long ago. (You guys remember that?)
    They were talking about piracy and the works. His excuse he used for using pirated software, is that the companies set the prices of their software too high. Like the Adobe suite. So he is sending them a message to lower their prices.

If you can't pay for it, use an alternative. You're not limited to these paid only programs people. Educate yourself. Free your mind.
    I was the same...........But I agree with you open source alternative exists for almost every program. Go open source instead of stealing

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    TO be frank, if I had the cash, I would give up my peg leg.

I have bought software, n games etc. But when the money just not fricken there. I swash my buckle, no denyin'.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

also an alternative to Adobe paint is Paint.net

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight View Post
    Has anyone considered the security implications of software piracy?
    good point........Most cracked programs and patches could possibly compromise your computers security, everything from key loggers, Trojans, etc.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; May 1, 2007 at 10:55 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

what is adobe paint ? or u mean
    thought it would be a gimp
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan View Post
    TO be frank, if I had the cash, I would give up my peg leg.

I have bought software, n games etc. But when the money just not fricken there. I swash my buckle, no denyin'.
    Then don't use it.

If you feel like getting an ice cream cone, but have no money to buy it, you gonna rob an ice cream store, saying "HARDY HAR HAR I'm a pirate. Gimme all your ice cream"?

Truth in fact, you can do without the ice cream till you get money to pay for it. Or use another program that is freely available.

There is no good excuse for stealing software.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ze View Post
    what is adobe paint ? or u mean
    thought it would be a gimp
    GIMP is one. Paint.NET is a free picture editor, meant to improve on the existing Windows Paint program.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008