View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • C# (sharp)

22 70.97%
  • VB .NET

9 29.03%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: C# vs VB.NET

Quote Originally Posted by Ropy View Post
    Why did you guys prefer C# over VB.net, is it more powerful, is coding easier, etc...?
    To be honest, it doesn't really matter which one you choose. Go with which ever lanugage you feel more comfortable with.

Both languages get compiled down to almost the same .NET assembly anyway.

Coming from a C++ and 68000 Assembler background, I leaned towards C#.

Have a look at the C# Apress books, they're very good!

Quote Originally Posted by Ropy View Post
    Why did you guys prefer C# over VB.net, is it more powerful, is coding easier, etc...?
    Personally, I think VB isn't intuitive enough when it comes to certain data structures and functionality (why do they start their base count from 1 instead of 0 ?). Also, C# is alot more similar syntactically to the majority of languages mostly used today (C++, Java, etc.), and just seems the more instinctive language to use.
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Not sure of market breakdown for C# and VB, but that should play a small role in your decision. To me it seems C# programmers have a larger .NET market share than VB programmers in America, Europe and Asia.

Do your research - sometimes that saves a lot of pain in the long run.

C# is more control unlike vb.net that is loose.
    On the road to success when meet up on obstacles never change your decision to go but your direction to get there

digi: 876-897-9362
    IM: balrick@hotmail.com

I can tell for a fact based on latest research that software developing companies are switchin to C# from VB.net and have done alot of research on both the languages. I did VB.NET in my final year of UTech (1 whole year) and thought it was the bomb. But when i got a job and started learnig C# for the job, i realised, that yow... ."VB was retarded" in a whole lot of ways u can imagine.
    C# jus more robust and efficient, VB a jus a lazy man wanna natural languge programming that is still not finished developing as yet.

anyways this is still IMO!!
    Where there is a will there is a way

Default VB.net, C# comparison

Here I present an interesting look at vb.net and c# comparison a la wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...ual_Basic_.NET

most of the information presented may be known to some, while others might gain useful insights into the languages.

Enjoy!

I would more tend toward C#.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com