Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu help

Default Ubuntu help

Installed ubuntu, but a cant see anything when it start, all im getting is alot of very colourful squares, can i get help from ubuntu xperts plz

You need to be a little more descriptive to get speedy help. It would help to include details about your system. Where you able to boot the live cd?

Got the livecd to work but only when i changed the vga to 1024*768 32, and the mouse was there, but not visible. If i tried to start it in any other mode it would just give me the same colourful squares

Your video driver may not be up to date. Also, some cards only work with Linux in one mode and some monitors only in the native resolution. What kind of card/monitor combination do you have?
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

I downloaded ubuntu http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
    and save it to a cd (.iso)
    and follow some steps http://www.cnettv.com

It did'nt work! (who have a livecd,can get a copy)

Any advice !! F1 F1 F1
    Last edited by Utech22; Apr 28, 2007 at 07:48 PM.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Utech22 View Post
    I downloaded ubuntu http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
    and save it to a cd (.iso)
    and follow some steps http://www.cnettv.com

It did'nt work! (who have a livecd,can get a copy)

Any advice !! F1 F1 F1
    After downloading a Linux iso, ALWAYS check the MD5SUM to make sure the ISO is not corrupted. You can use Bittorrent to download the ISO (faster and I believe less likely to be corrupted) and use ISO Recorder to burn the CD.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

ok Thank you
    I'll try it tomorrow, when I get back;
    The last time I burnt it, I used Sonic Recordnow.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Well, i have a nvidia 6800GS and a ViewsonicE90 21", how do i get to change the resolution b4 it starts? And how do i update driver w/o seeing anything....thnks for help in advance

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    After downloading a Linux iso, ALWAYS check the MD5SUM to make sure the ISO is not corrupted. You can use Bittorrent to download the ISO (faster and I believe less likely to be corrupted) and use ISO Recorder to burn the CD.
    lol, i did this exact thing yesterday. Checked the site and saw the md5sum thing which i did and also found isorecorder to burn the image since this laptop i'm on has no nero etc. Seeing this advice is exactly what I would recommend.
    [AMD Gallardo] [Asus M2N SLI Deluxe] [AMD 5000+ X2 black edition @ 3.2GHZ] [Zalman CNPS9700 LED][ EVGA 8800GT 512MB] [Gskill 2GB x 2 DDR2800] [Seagate 320GB IDE][Seagate 1TB, 750GB, 320GB SATA II][Western Digital 1TB SATA II][XION 600W] [NEC DL DVD-RW] [Antec Nine Hundred MidATX] [19" BenQ FP93GX LCD][40" Samsung LNA500LCD HDTV 1080p][Logitech X-230 2.1]

Default Try this

edit (from terminal) use vim or vi: /etc/X11/xorg.conf and change the vga card to “vesa”. But using this vesa driver you can’t get a 3D rendering.
    if the system loads install the nvidia drivers with automatix or wat ever
    then change ur driver to the one for ur card.