Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: L.I.M.E GPRS Internet Guide

Default Re:C&W GPRS Internet Guide

True, but i sure wont be paying 9JA a day or whatever Digicel decides to charge to get a server busy error, or whatever other problems most of the day....

I hope once they start charging that they improve and allow for more ppl to be connected at the same time without problems all the time.

The problem with Digicel could be the Freeness. Most people..if not all people like Free Stuff. Maybe with all the subscribers to this FREENESS, the Digicel network is clogged now and again

When it come to Internet services Go CandW who offer better broadband.Digicel cant compete with CandW until the have their own backbone connection to the internet.

Does Digicel use the Satellite Earth Station for Internet access or they go through C&W backbone like most other providers ???

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    Maybe with all the subscribers to this FREENESS, the Digicel network is clogged now and again
    Now and Again? If you call daily from 4pm until 12am now and again....................Its WORSE on weekends..Its unusable. PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    Does Digicel use the Satellite Earth Station for Internet access or they go through C&W backbone like most other providers ???
    They go throu c&w

Hey Guys

Glad you have GPRS over there, I'm on holiday in Jamaica from the end of July for a couple of weeks and need to stay connected whilst visiting. I have a TREO 600 with data cable connected to laptop which I have used on GPRS in the states and over here in the UK, whilst in the states earlier this year I brought a T Mobile Pay as you go SIM, can I use this in Jamaica without incuring additional roaming charges, or would it be better to buy a new SIM when I'm over there.

If I have to buy a new chip, whats the crack, are they easily available. What should I expect to pay for the Sim ?, how much for the phone credit.

BTW, I'm originally from Portland, staying with my folks whilst over there.

Appreciate any help

Default Re: C&W GPRS Internet Guide

Does anyone have another link for the Motorola GPRS Manager as the link posted here doesn't work.

Ok I got the gprs manager, I now able to connect but I cant browse, I'm sending bytes but not receiving. Can you guys help me. It's C&W