Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pokemon DS sell off !!

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    i tried playing this on a DSi I got for my little cousin, I played it for bout 5 mins and couldnt believe that the game hasnt improved at all since 1998 and yet it still selling so much. I turned off the game and returned it same day cause despite the 2 screens and more buttons u still cant even assign more things to those buttons and the monochrome pokedex or watever is at the bottom is what really got to me. Nintendo could mek the game much better but they choose to keep it lame
    if it get any more better then it gonna leave handheld consoles
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon_kmtjerk View Post
    wen u make drastic changes to a game like pokemon the fanboys get pretty angry
    smh
    Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Yea thats true, really and truly though, i dont see what else they could do to it to make it more "appealing". It seems fine to me, taking it for what it is of course

3D pokemon suxx
    Well all the 3D pokemon games they mad so far do suck, but If they used pokemon 3d (a PC fan based game)
    and worked around it, 3D gaming would be more appeal when it comes to the pokemon world

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    It was meant for your little cousin, not you.
    So yuh neva give yuh little cousin a chance fi play it and see if him like it? ediat ting.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    No, the DSi was really for Chig, but he had to use his little cousin as a believable escuse

I wonder if this could generate even more sales if Sony got the licence to make this in 3D for the PS3?
    No its for my cousin, and that cousin is a she. She wasnt happy I got Pokemon either cause she thought it was for boys, which is half true in the sense that she never asked for it and I really got it out of self interest. I changed it for New SMB, which I tried to get into but couldnt cause it felt like playing SMB 3 with a SMB 2 Luigi. In the few days with it I got a taste of all I was interested in on the DS and saw that I was missing nothing at all. Cramp my hands to, better I put homebrew on my PSP.

@Ramon I never said the Pokemon formula should be changed, but the DS could have been utilised much much better with more buttons and the touch screen. Faster access to bag items and other stuff. The Mario Bros formula has changed slightly but constantly with each games and it succeeds, but when i played New Super Mario I started playing it with a craving for SMW so I guess thats why i couldnt get into it in the short time.

@Ωmega & L4ndo
    Of course pokemon can be better without leaping to consoles. The GBA was capable of doing that but didnt. You telling me they couldnt put proper animated battles into the game instead of the same old flashing colors around still-image pokemon? The addition of 4 extra buttons couldnt be used to assign more items from your bag to? The touch screen could be used to better interact with your pokemon or at least display more info on them, change your party order on the fly etc..
    Last edited by chig; Aug 26, 2010 at 08:02 PM.

@Ωmega & L4ndo
    Of course pokemon can be better without leaping to consoles. The GBA was capable of doing that but didnt. You telling me they couldnt put proper animated battles into the game instead of the same old flashing colors around still-image pokemon? The addition of 4 extra buttons couldnt be used to assign more items from your bag to? The touch screen could be used to better interact with your pokemon or at least display more info on them, change your party order on the fly etc..
    but did u consider....will it still be pokemon?

No its for my cousin
    I really got it out of self interest
    Since you've finally admited it, I'll stop teasing you then

You telling me they couldnt put proper animated battles into the game instead of the same old flashing colors around still-image pokemon?
    It sounds to me as though Sony should have bought the licence for this so that they develop it for the PSP (still the best graphics on a handheld console).
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by L4nd0 View Post
    but did u consider....will it still be pokemon?
    Why not? I never watch any episode of the animated series and see Snorlax do a Pikachu do a Headbutt by taking one step back then jerking forward to damage a Bulbasaur that it didnt even get close to..
    How would using the X, Y, L & R buttons to assign bag items like bicycles and fishing rods make it not pokemon anymore? Notice I didnt say anything about changing the game itself, I only said make better use of the buttons available and hardware power and versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    Since you've finally admited it, I'll stop teasing you then

It sounds to me as though Sony should have bought the licence for this so that they develop it for the PSP (still the best graphics on a handheld console).
    Ya the DS is for my cousin and 3 of the 4 games I got was strictly what she asked for and the last one was what I felt she might like. Of course I was interested to see what the new pokemon games were like, they were the s*** back in the day, but now it seems they are still that same ole s***.

Pokemon is a Nintendo brand so no other console or handheld that dont have Nintendo on the face of it will ever see it, but even then I still wouldnt want to see it on the PSP.
    For a game like Pokemon it should suit the DS capabilities much better, look at Nintendogs, wouldnt it be good if you could interact with your pokemon like that? Like choose one from your party to follow you around and you could watch as u personally give it potions or berries an dem tings dere. The DS isn't as powerful graphically as the PSP but it is still within it's capabilities especially since everything is cartoony anyway.

@Ramon I never said the Pokemon formula should be changed, but the DS could have been utilised much much better with more buttons and the touch screen. Faster access to bag items and other stuff. The Mario Bros formula has changed slightly but constantly with each games and it succeeds, but when i played New Super Mario I started playing it with a craving for SMW so I guess thats why i couldnt get into it in the short time.

@Ωmega & L4ndo
    Which one of the pokemon games you got by the way? the heart gold/ soul silver versions actually did try to make things a bit more accessible and "on the fly" so to speak altho probably not to the extent that you may be referring to.

You also have a point about the animations, but if it were to go as far as mimicking the anime battle style (which i agree would be pretty dam cool), it would kinda resemble street fighter, but thats just how i envision it still.
    Black by popular demand
    Ω
    Asus G73JH 17.3" - Core i7 740QM|6GB DDR3 1333| ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB| 640GB HDD

Which one of the pokemon games you got by the way? the heart gold/ soul silver versions actually did try to make things a bit more accessible and "on the fly" so to speak altho probably not to the extent that you may be referring to.

You also have a point about the animations, but if it were to go as far as mimicking the anime battle style (which i agree would be pretty dam cool), it would kinda resemble street fighter, but thats just how i envision it still.
    It was Platinum.
    I would hope Heart Gold / Soul Silver did those things, but since I already played those on GBC I wanted to see what the daimond/pearl games were like. I don't think the animations would have to go as far as resembling Street Fighter cause that is high paced and constant, not turn based. But it could resemble sutm like Final Fantasy VII with proper full 3D surrounding environments and animated attacks like in pretty much every other RPG since 1997. The DS is more than capable of doing that and it cant spoil the Pokemon brand if we watch these battles all the time in their animated series going on since for ever and their million and 4 movies coming out every year.
    Pokemon is such a simple game already the least they could do is make it look better since they don't seem to do much else with it every generation.
    Last edited by chig; Sep 4, 2010 at 07:52 AM.

must be a good game if grown *** negros like you guys here playing pokemon i must give this a try still
    Dont hate ma game we all here for the same reasons,We here to get tha green paper throughout all seasons.C.R.E.A.M

i dont see myself playing pokemon again
    Once there is life there is hope to acheive anything.