Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ubuntu 7.04 - Fiesty Fawn is born

I installed the Fawn as well, after saying goodbye to Suse.

The install went smooth. Was surprised how it didn't ask me to set a root password. Very wierd. The grub interface not as pretty as how Suse had it, (nice pretty graphical interface to choose which OS to boot into) but I'll live.

Not liking a toolbar at the top and a toolbar at the bottom. Takes up my real estate.

Apart from that, looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post

The install went smooth. Was surprised how it didn't ask me to set a root password. Very wierd. The grub interface not as pretty as how Suse had it, (nice pretty graphical interface to choose which OS to boot into) but I'll live.

Not liking a toolbar at the top and a toolbar at the bottom. Takes up my real estate.

Apart from that, looks good.
    Good things u can change all of that. Even the grub interface you can change IF it really bothers u that much. Maybe in Gutsy they'll make Grub prettier
    The limits you are living with right now, in very aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions.
    And they are holding you back.
    You are capable of far more than you think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Y@tta View Post
    Good things u can change all of that. Even the grub interface you can change IF it really bothers u that much. Maybe in Gutsy they'll make Grub prettier
    Yes I like eye candy! I admit it!

The install went smooth. Was surprised how it didn't ask me to set a root password. Very wierd.
    The one you set as your password is the "sudo" password, which you will use to make any settings changes.

The grub interface not as pretty as how Suse had it, (nice pretty graphical interface to choose which OS to boot into) but I'll live.
    You can change how it looks by changing the settings in the menu.lst file. sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...