Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 7.04 - Fiesty Fawn is born

quiksilver Guest

download started...speed looks good...for now 198KB\s~209KB\s so hopefully it'll finish in under 1 hour

Default amsn 9.7 for fiesty

here'ss something for the peopole that cry bout gaim being too ugly.

i actually have started using it and dropped my msn account from gaim.. for one reason.. web cam ability man.. yeah.. gotta see the hot chicks do the web cam dance for me.

I got the DVD burned the the other day, putting Fiesty on a small machine I have here. I did have some problems but installing it as server did the trick.

So far no probs though.... I cant comment on the aesthetics so i don't really use it on that machine :-S
    The limits you are living with right now, in very aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions.
    And they are holding you back.
    You are capable of far more than you think you are.

What operating system do the heads of Fortune 500 companies run on their personal laptops?

In the case of Michael S. Dell, president and CEO of Dell, it's Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn.

Yes, the head of Dell, with a market-capitalization of just south of $56 billion, isn't just saying that Dell will be selling Linux-equipped PCs in the near future—he's already running Linux at home.
    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2115645,00.asp

^^ I wonder if this is going to make Steve Balmer throw another chair in a childish tantrum ?

Nah... not likely MS will be here to stay for a very very long time.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

I installed it last night.

It was not as easy as I thought it would have been although I suspect that the computer was the issue. I had problems with my cdrom, turns out that my ide cable was bad.

After several attempts I finally loaded it. This is my first time loading Ubuntu and I like it a lot. I am thinking about loading it on my laptop. I just need to figure out the ubuntu way.

I will dual boot with Ubuntu sooner than later. Will be my first time. Can someone post a link(s) for Linux apps alternatives for Windows based apps we've all become used to?
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    ^^ I wonder if this is going to make Steve Balmer throw another chair in a childish tantrum ?

Nah... not likely MS will be here to stay for a very very long time.
    LOL!!!

I am sure they are not pleased with these developments.

Competion is good for the consumer. It lowers prices and improves products. We might even see a $3.00 Windows operating system. Wait a minute!!! We are seeing that now.

I upgraded my laptop last night. All went well except the system disabled the restricted drivers for my Atheros Wifi card. Installing updated restricted drivers and updated madwifi tools corrected this.

My desktop was another matter. Everything crashed during the upgrade so I installed clean. No problems in installing. Even so, my ongoing problem with Firefox crashing (this has been plaguing me for last two-three months) continues. The problem must be hardware specific since it does not happen on my laptop....?
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    I upgraded my laptop last night. All went well except the system disabled the restricted drivers for my Atheros Wifi card. Installing updated restricted drivers and updated madwifi tools corrected this.

My desktop was another matter. Everything crashed during the upgrade so I installed clean. No problems in installing. Even so, my ongoing problem with Firefox crashing (this has been plaguing me for last two-three months) continues. The problem must be hardware specific since it does not happen on my laptop....?
    most likely.....memory probably?

i shall soon get to install it...as soon as i get a laptop/desktop....
    >>Insert something witty here<<