Thread: Did Bob Marley really rape Rita Marley?!

Default Did Bob Marley really rape Rita Marley?!

In Rita Marley's new book Titled "No Woman No Cry", Rita Marley said that on one occassion she was Raped by you lover Bob Marley.

This has caused a bit of a stir in foreign lands. What you peeps think?

Default Re:Did Bob Marley really rape Rita Marley?!

We can't say for sure, but remember that back in those days the mindset was very different. If I'm not mistaken, the rape law was only recently (about 10 years ago) changed to include rape of a woman by her husband. Prior to that, it was assumed that the wife should just give it up whenever the husband needed some, so it couldn't be rape.

On the contrary, nigelt, if a common crime within a unique context occurred before a law against it was ratified, it does not exempt the said act from being inoculated in a court of law.

That's why the laws ratified by the United Nations can allow the prosecution of former Japanese scientists and German generals for crimes against humanity perpetrated 50 years earlier during World War 2 - long before such laws were ever ratified. If Hitler was alive, he would have been prosecuted. If Bob Marley was still alive, he would have been investigated. Make no mistake about it.

I didn't say it did Xenocrates, and I'm not saying that it wasn't a crime if it happened. I'm simply saying that Bob may not have thought it was wrong, and who knows, maybe Rita didn't think it was rape at the time. Hindsight is always 20/20.

As for Bob being investigated, does the current Jamaican rape law have a statute of limitations, as does the U.S.?

Aight my views, me respect di man an ting so don't tek it the wrong way. Has neone looked at the possibility that the man did "high" and di just get horny one night and did want fi get jiggy wid him wife and she was saying no. Remeber now if that was the case, him did neva in his right state of mind, "high" and "horny", bad mix.