Thread: Interested in Telecom Opportunities

Default Interested in Telecom Opportunities

Hello Jamaican friends,
    I am a telecom professional from the US. I was seeking information regarding telecom network opportunities on your island. I have read about Gotel, InfoChannel, Cable & Wireless, etc. having plans to expand their services. I have extensive experience relative to these type initiatives and would appreciate any contact, advise, or direction on where to explore these employment opportunities.

Thank you
    Steve
    asg@adelphia.net

Default Re:Interested in Telecom Opportunities

Hey SteveG, we're glad you joined up.

It may help others reading your post if you specified the telecom areas that you have experience in and also what types of telecom jobs you're looking for.

I must say that it's different and "refreshing" to find someone in the US looking at job prospects in Jamaica 8)

Thanks to Chris for the reply and advice. I have extensive experience in telecom project management, both in the US and various other countries. I specialize the project management of large and complex initiatives. Most liked it the design, engineering, construction of testing network transmission and switching facilities. Thanks again for any connections to the Jamiacan service providers that could lead to interview.

Hey there SteveG I believe I could be able to hook you up with some of the right ppls, but it would help if you could give some more information as to what exactly you're into.

I've a considerable amount of experience in startups and that sorta things and know a few ppl who want to launch something. Give me a link.

hey SteveG, I know that you previously posted on Reliant/InfoChannel which I subsequently moved to General Discussion. Question - how did you hear about them? You may want to consider approaching them to see if there are any openings in your line of work. I don't have any contact info for them at the moment, but if you would like I can get it for you, just say the word

Hello Chris, et al (and my other wonderful acquinteces in Jamaica.

I can't remember how exactly I came upon the Reliant connection, but probably just scouring the net for telecom providers in your region. Eventually, I did send a greeting message and resume' to their info email Info Channel. As well, I did send to Gotel Comm, which I believe is your local LEC.

Anyway, I was contacted by an officer of Reliant that indicated he was interested and we eventually did speak on the phone once. A very nice man.

Unfortunately, for me is that I have received a firm offer of employment from a firm in the U.S. So, I advised them, as well as all you fun folks that I will probably have to go to work soon here, but would like to keep in touch and familiar with Carribean opportunities.

If anyone needs to message me directly, I am asg@adelphia.net.

Thanks again for correspondence and friendship. I still look forward to working and be in Jamaica some day. Beach, sun, music, rum punch and pretty girls? What could be better? :-)

Steve

SteveG, good to hear that you got a firm offer in the US. You can enjoy the beach, sun, drinks, etc. in Jamaica without working here - that's why we have a tourism industry ;D

Even though you'll be moving on to a new job soon, please keep visiting and supporting the site, this is one of the best ways of keeping in touch with tech in Jamaica!