Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laptop shopping

Default Re:Laptop shopping

I was looking to get a apple macintosh as well but all the really cool ones are expensive. the cheaper one is ok but the others have everything built in.
    I want a laptop for 500 in jamaica. how am I gonna acheive this? I just want a laptop until I can afford to buy a powerbook.

500?? 500 what??? Can't be $500, you can't buy laptop for that amount.
    And there is no laptop that is sold for half a million dollars ($500,000).

digimon Guest

lol. maybe its 500lb, as in UK.
    btw, where can i get a laptop for 1,200 with good processor and memory? plz i need to know b4 i start spending.

owen.. the DigiSTORE (http://shop.digisolvit.com) allows you to purchase Apple items using installments... so i'd say use ur money as a down-payment instead

Sorry guys $500 US dollars

I recommend HP, Toshiba, IBM. I am not too impressed with the makup/construction of the Dells. Sony have some nice ones.

I have a HP ze4430us (AMD Athlon 2200; 1.8 GHz) 512MB RAM; 40 Gig Hard drive; 802.11G wireless; 2USB slots. Really nice construction...nice keyboard and fast. I recommend this machine.

I also have a Toshiba Satellite A45-S150 (Pentium4; 2.4GHz) 512MB RAM; 60 Gig Hard drive; 802.11G wireless, 4USB slots. Fast but the construction is not as nice as the HP. Athough they cost about the same price I may not be comparing apples with apples but I would give the HP the thumbs up anyday.

Advice I have when shopping for a notebook:
    - Warranty - good if you have local support and warranty
    - must have integrated wireless connectivity
    - must be robust,tough
    - forget the floppy..i hate floppy drives...waste of space.
    - CDRW/DVD

Default Re: Laptop shopping

Anybody in Jamaica ever bought a laptop off auction site (Ebay)? I need a fairly cheap laptop (not a life long companion). I checked out the prices of the auctions and the Estores there and they seem quite reasonable. some friends however tells me that I ought to be careful about issues like: sometimes the equipment comes faulty; warranty they offer is not good; laptop may get damaged in transit.

What are your experiences and advice?
    Man's mind stretched to a new idea never goes back to its original dimensions - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Owen you can try looking on Ebay ...Link http://computers.listings.ebay.com/L...timeZ1QQsotrZ4
    Dont expect to get anything over 1.3GHZ if you are lucky...If you decide to purchase one look at the sellers feedback and try sending an email to seller to see how quickly they respond...

Would you recommend buying a laptop from eback TechGuru?

Quote Originally Posted by Nastrodamus
    Would you recommend buying a laptop from eback TechGuru?
    I purchased many items off Ebay in the past coule years, to date I have not had a bad experience...
    As stated before I normally look at the sellers feedback and Email the seller asking them a couple questions before bidding....
    As for payment I normally use Money Orders so I have some sort of re-course...
    Its up to the individual...Initially I was very skeptical about Ebay but after couple sucessful orders i am converted