Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Failed to connect to internet" from Opera Mini

Gateway IP 1 should not have an entry (hence 0.0.0.0). The 10.x.x.x IP is for C&W's WAP proxy and Java programs need a direct connection to the internet so they cannot go through a proxy.

If you are using prepaid the APN should be ppinternet, and for postpaid its internet.

Ok, i will check this out soon. Will post results asap.

Yung_Jah Guest

I want to know though....does the postpaid plan for the internet loads any faster than the regular prepaid? I mean, is there changes in speed?

psilos, the settings didn't work but i'm still going to fool around with it though, must work one day.

Lets try again. I have tested these settings on a Razr so I know for certain that they work. There is one issue though, if the GPRS APN = wap, the default browser works and Opera mini doesn't. If GPRS APN = internet, Opera mini works and the default browser doesn't, so what you can do is create two profiles and just change the APN on both of them and set whichever one to the default connection depending on the browser you are using.

Name: AnyNameYouWant
    Homepage: http://bmobilepulse.com
    Service Type 1: WAP
    Gateway IP: 010.020.005.034
    Port 1: 9201
    Domain 1:
    Service Type 2: HTTP
    Gateway IP 2: 000.000.000.000
    Port 2: 9201
    Domain 2:
    DNS 1: 000.000.000.000
    DNS 2: 000.000.000.000
    Time out: 5 Minutes
    CSD no 1:
    Username: 1:
    Password 1:
    Speed (Bps) 9600
    Line Type 1: Modem
    CSD no 2:
    User Name 2:
    Password 2:
    Speed (Bps) 2: 9600
    Line Type 2: Modem
    GPRS APN: internet
    User Name:blank
    Password:blank
    Last edited by psilos; Apr 7, 2007 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos
    Lets try again. I have tested these settings on a Razr so I know for certain that they work. There is one issue though, if the GPRS APN = wap, the default browser works and Opera mini doesn't. If GPRS APN = internet, Opera mini works and the default browser doesn't, so what you can do is create two profiles and just change the APN on both of them and set whichever one to the default connection depending on the browser you are using.
    psilos, much respect, it's working now. Appreciate the assistance a lot. Btw, what's the charge now for prepaid gprs using apn 'ppinternet'?

does these settings apply for v3 on digicel? i mean except for the APN,username and password, im getting an error message
    Working to make EVERYDAY a pay day for me ...
    BB Bold 6 powered by LIME.....

No idea innocent17 as I'm not familiar with Digicel's GPRS settings but I figure it would similar. Remember the Gateway IP address would also be different along with APN, username and password.

I think the last time i tried it on digicel it didn't work, got the 'failed to connect' error.

based on your problem you should get rid of all those java crap the mini opera 3.1 is reported to have a lot of glichs by manufacturer also that series opera cannot allow you to access the internet free you should get the mini opera 2.0" KNOW THATS THE ****"