Thread: Fullscreen C program

Default Fullscreen C program

how can i get my c program to open in fullscreen?
    im doing a program that is long enough but not wide enough!
    Last edited by akoo; Apr 2, 2007 at 07:10 PM.
    WHY PAY WHEN YOU CAN GET IT FREE!!!!!

You haven't said what OS you are using, but I will assume you are using Windows. I will also assume that you are creating a console program.

One solution, that will work no matter what programming anguage you are using, is to create a short-cut to your program, and then edit the Properties of the short-cut. Just right-click on the short-cut and select Properties from the menu (Properties should be at the end of the menu). Click on the Options tab, and then choose Full Screen from the Display options. Now when you open the program using the short-cut it will open in full-screen mode.

If you want your program to switch to full screen mode using C code then I have to tell you that neither the C Programming Language nor the Standard Library have a way to do what you ask. That does not mean you can't do it, but it means you have to use other means provided by your programming environment (compiler, libraries, etc) or the OS. You did not say what programming environment you are using so I can't help you there. However
    if you know how to call Windows API functions you can call the "SetConsoleDisplayMode" function from the Windows API. If you decide to try this, I can give you some help you if you need it.

I had always wondered this myself. I've been searching for pre-compiled header files, which will allow me to do this.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

What programming environment are you using?

Sking, please provide a sorce code example of "SetConsoleDisplayMode" function. I don't find this in any of my default header files. how do you call this function?
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    Sking, please provide a sorce code example of "SetConsoleDisplayMode" function. I don't find this in any of my default header files. how do you call this function?
    I don't know what you mean by default header files but the SetConsoleDisplayMode function is defined as follows:

BOOL SetConsoleDisplayMode(
    HANDLE hConsoleOutput,
    DWORD dwFlags,
    PCOORD lpNewScreenBufferDimensions
    );

in wincon.h (you can just include windows.h, which will automatically include wincon.h). You will need to link to Kernel32.lib (I think most development environments link to this library automatically, but you might want to check).

You can find alot of information like this in the MSDN library from Microsoft.