View Poll Results: Which one of these steps is not possible given the situation?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SoftwareQuiz#14-Tech Senario 1

Default SoftwareQuiz#14-Tech Senario 1

This wasnt an easy question to set up, so please gimme some good votes. ;D

A user has been having multiple problems with his computer using Windows 2000. He is constantly having messages concerning viruses from his Anti-Virus software, he notices that his computer is always dragging down and getting slower and slower, even within 1 logged-in session. He hasn't made an moddifications to the operating system in any way other than the basic software that he installed (Anti-Virus, MS Office and some Adobe products. Internet browsing is slow, applications drag and he gets pop-ups ALL the time. He even gets pop-ups when he is not browsing the internet!
    He calls up his geek buddy and she comes over to check it out (the computer that is). She takes a look at the computer and starts hacking away to fix the problem. She finally gets it resolved by performing many tasks that include the following:

1) Reboots and runs a Boot-Time virus scan prior to the OS loading.
    2) Runs anti-spyware and anti-adware applications to take care of unwanted files and settings on the computer.
    3) Runs regedt32 to get to the registry and begins looking at unnecessary items in order to remove them.
    4) Runs 'msconfig' to check out which items are starting up with the OS.
    5) Takes a look at the CPU time that each process is using in order to see which is dragging CPU resources.

Default Re:SoftwareQuiz#14-Tech Senario 1

This one is too tricky... >

I picked 5.

Reason: If you remove forign progs from your msconfig file, they aren't gonna load when you restart the machine. So there is not need to check and see which prog is using up x amount of processing power.

I think it would be the regedit why because after u run anti-spyware and anti anti applications there would really be no need to look through the registry as that job has already been done.

Although 5 is also a probably answer for the same reason as above

i know ropy, thats why i took some time to set this one up ;D, but u do make a strong point..........unfortunately but 2morrow ill let u know what it is ;D

very interesting there skillachi , but it seems like u have a doubt between 3 and 5

I was leaning towards 3 but didn't really see the need for 5.

@ ropy, so basically ur switching from 5 to 3 - if thats the case, u know what that means ;D 1/2 a mark if it right ;D

I didn't say that I am switching to 3. I think that 5 is the answer therefore I'm not gonna change. If mi worng, mi just wrong.

true, like i always say ropy, we're all here to learn something, i have learnt alot since im here, and i hope evryone is learning things from techjam.

Answer: C - 3) Runs regedt32 to get to the registry and begins looking at unnecessary items in order to remove them.

Explanation: As a default, msconfig does not exist on Windows 2000. All of the other procedures can be done given the situation.