Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in your BoX???

Default Re:What's in your BoX???

Kiss mi ___________

Sean, what exactly do you use the MACHINE to do???

I am a Programmer, employed with National Commercial Bank's I.T. Division, and i do a lot of development on this machine, a lot of servers are runned on it, and as you guys may have figured out by my choice of video and sound cards, i also play a lot of games ( have a PS2, but is **** compared to my computer) and listen to a lot of music, but all in all i just love performance, always wanting the fastest and best - that is why mi bruk now , but like i said i do a lot of Applicaiton Development on this computer. You guys can check the classifieds section, I have another hype machine selling if you guys are interested,we can negotiate price later

[quote author=seanbee20 link=board=3;threadid=599;start=15#msg5068 date=1052450938]
    I am a Programmer, employed with National Commercial Bank's I.T. Division, and i do a lot of development on this machine, a lot of servers are runned on it, and as you guys may have figured out by my choice of video and sound cards, i also play a lot of games ( have a PS2, but is s**t compared to my computer) and listen to a lot of music, but all in all i just love performance, always wanting the fastest and best - that is why mi bruk now , but like i said i do a lot of Applicaiton Development on this computer. You guys can check the classifieds section, I have another hype machine selling if you guys are interested,we can negotiate price later
    [/quote]

I remember when my machine was a brand new Vorlon Planet Killer.
    Now its old So if I build a machine like yours... how long before it becomes outdated ? This is one reason I haven't UPGRADED.

For example, my Voodoo 3 2000 (bought in 1998) was king of the hill once it cost me $6,000 dollars in 1998 money !!! now its worth ? ? ? ? ?

(
    --saddened
    Simon

Actually it's a little more than a year and a half, depending on how fast your processor is, memory, chips ect. And what the system is used for... Cause I remember building my system about November of 2001, and at that time It was top of the line but not any more though. But if you want your system to last longer, sacrifice a little more and get the fastest chips, cards, mo-boards etc... But as I said, depending on what the system is gonna be used for, and how fussy you are about the latest parts.... ;D

[quote author=Ropy link=board=3;threadid=599;start=15#msg5084 date=1052494129]
    Actually it's a little more than a year and a half, depending on how fast your processor is, memory, chips ect. And what the system is used for... Cause I remember building my system about November of 2001, and at that time It was top of the line but not any more though. But if you want your system to last longer, sacrifice a little more and get the fastest chips, cards, mo-boards etc... But as I said, depending on what the system is gonna be used for, and how fussy you are about the latest parts.... ;D
    [/quote]

To be honest I am hesitant to spend the hard earned dollars on classic x86 hardware when the AMD hammer should be released soon. I want a 64bit proc, that should be such a sweet machine. Ahh choices... and to make this matter worse, I am thinking of going with DUAL ATHLONS, and using my SMP kernel. Linux on SMP is brutally fast.

-regards
    Hesitant
    PS SCSI is also weighing heavily on my mind.

I have to pay rent and eat too so I'll stick with my duron... until I get that 8 million dollar contract that us IT guys are always waiting on .

I believe a lot of persons here have to pay rent and eat just like you, so what is your point, the main factor is what can be afforded by an individual, if i can afford to spend my last dime on my pc, that is just my choice and my bleesing.

CASE: Thermaltake Xaser III V1000D
    Motherboard: EPOX 8RDA+ (nforce 2)
    Processor: Amd barton 3000+ overclocked to barton 3400+
    Hard drives: 2 Western digital 120gig 8mb cache
    1 Western digital 80gig 8mb cache (all special editions)
    Memory: 2 Geil 512 DDR 433 (high performance) - overclocked to DDR 470
    CD Drives: 48x burner
    4x pioneer A05 DVD burner
    Video Card: ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (geforces are my *****es) - overclocked to Radeon 9800 Pro speeds
    Sound Card: Audigy X Gamer
    Speakers: Creative Inspire 5200 5.1
    Monitor: Viewsonic 19in
    - Wicked Sick!

If you bought this beast online, I'm sure the merchant would have asked you something like "Will you be using this device for weapons of mass destruction?"

I mean yute, that's one helluva monster you got on your desktop seanbee. Looks like you're plotting to take over the world!

I can imagine if you went out to purchase a car or a house, you could use that machine as collateral! LOL ;D

No i didn't actually just buy this system complete as is, I bought the parts and assembled them myself, I am a strong advocate of doing things yourself in you can.

Thanks for your kind words, i love my baby very much

I know you didn't buy it online as one complete system. I was just teasing. Those specs are pretty impressive though. However, I can't deny that that I am a little jealous.

I agree with you. I love doing things myself. In fact I think most ppl here build their own systems. I could bet they would all agree with you on that one.