Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo Album.zip

If your using XP (yes not everybody in the world is using XP nor Windows) just do a system restore. Current AV won't clean it, would have to wait a couple days before a cure is out for it.
    Dain Bramaged
    Google Voice: 954-779-6436

http://www.prolexic.com Now Apart of Akamai Technologies

I hope they get to this quickly because my contact list is lighting me up. hmmm anyone knows the effects of the "virus" apart from sending to everyone on your contact list
    I am too lazy to create a virtual machine to find out right now

Quote Originally Posted by dalybrian View Post
    If your using XP (yes not everybody in the world is using XP nor Windows) just do a system restore. Current AV won't clean it, would have to wait a couple days before a cure is out for it.
    the system restore thing didn't work, tried it with my little cousin and she still has it. Went as far back as one week.

But local or not,I think this person was a just testing the waters, because this doesn't seem to do anything malicious to your system except propagate right now? any further experiences
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Mar 25, 2007 at 10:10 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    bored with too much to do

Well it depends on how long the person has it. This virus could be out there close to 2 weeks now. Selasieye you remind me of a friend of mine whom collected virus's, don't remember how he did it but he use to. Must make him why he stopped if he ever did anyways. Try goin back 2 weeks & see, post your findings.
    Dain Bramaged
    Google Voice: 954-779-6436

http://www.prolexic.com Now Apart of Akamai Technologies

they say all u have to do is delete the zip file from my received documents and it good!!! so try that and see wat happens!
    WHY PAY WHEN YOU CAN GET IT FREE!!!!!

Akoo not for everyone some peeps it makes copies and install it into other folder etc.
    Phoqry

ok i accepted yhis thing yetserday, and while trying to open it, it closed all opened programs. n freeze the computer....so i restarted. then deleted the folder, the zipped file ect....but u noticed the folder had a shortcut symbol, im wondering where the original is, did a search but didnt find it.
    Nothing has happened to to my computer since then, so i dont kno if this virus is really a threat.
    Working to make EVERYDAY a pay day for me ...
    BB Bold 6 powered by LIME.....

Quote Originally Posted by innocent17 View Post
    ok i accepted yhis thing yetserday, and while trying to open it, it closed all opened programs. n freeze the computer....so i restarted. then deleted the folder, the zipped file ect....but u noticed the folder had a shortcut symbol, im wondering where the original is, did a search but didnt find it.
    Nothing has happened to to my computer since then, so i dont kno if this virus is really a threat.
    My advise to you, do a full system scan.
    Phoqry

Alright. I did a search and found that it copied itself to the system or system32 folder....i dont remember which exactly but i deleted that zip folder. So i'll keep u ppl updated to see if that did the trick.

this one has been stalking my poor jamaican contacts the poor souls i got it from a dude who was telling me he has nude pics :@ soooo wrong!!!

check this
    http://www.symantec.com/security_res...213-99&tabid=2
    The c:\windwos also have the photo album.zip
    Who can tell me how to remove this virus????