Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Photo Album.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic View Post
    Um.... my AVG killed it baxide. I inadvertently set my msn to "automatically accept requests" and left my pc on and went on the road. Came back and saw the window open and that I had accepted the file. So I immediately run my AVG scan and directed it....DIRECTLY to my received files folder. It found it....NUKED it.. and all is well again. No problems encountered!
    Did it say what was the name of the virus/trojan?
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Yes it did... but I do not remember it. And unfortunately, I recently did a fresh install so I wouldn't be able to tell you. It is a Trojan though. The updates for AVG from last week before last was sufficient to capture and kill it so just point it to the received folder, restart, full system scan and you're good to go.

And for heaven's sake, do not click the file... notice I didn't say open...i said click. If u can avoid it, don't even open the folder. Don't try to just delete it also. It will copy to somewhere else i was told. System volume information I think. And most new MSN and LIVE messengers have the feature of scanning files before u receive it.

TOOLS -> OPTIONS-> FILE TRANSFERS -> SCAN FILE USING

Then use the browse button to find the exe for your anti-virus. If your received files failed the scan, you will not be able to open them. It scans before giving you access to the file.

I had forgotten to do this previously.
    Last edited by Electrotechnic; May 1, 2007 at 01:37 PM.

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic View Post
    Yes it did... but I do not remember it. And unfortunately, I recently did a fresh install so I wouldn't be able to tell you. It is a Trojan though.
    I don't have the trojan. Still trying to figure out what virus/trojan it is so we can get more information on it.

Can't you check the AVG history/log and see the name of the trojan?
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008