Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling Game programmers

Default Re: Calling Game programmers

hmmm the Gamers Association of Jamaica has been formed you may want to contact them and see what they have up their sleeve.
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

I suggest u first read www.makegames.com
    Then goto here for beginners and browse a bit for ideas that u would like. Like how to set up your compiler, common component that you can use for graphics, UI, etc.

Basically u should have a compiler. Then an OpenGl or DirectX Software Development Kit installed. For example VS.Net 2002 includes DX SDK 8.

Now you have to have an idea of the game you want. Start with the simpliest, most basic idea that you have.

Do you want UT2004, NFS, FIFA2004 level of developement? (Requires nuff stress levels)

Personally I want something like that, and I am loolikng for help myself.

GAJ, I am going to check it out, thanks greatis

Oh I am sorry I did not mention that VC98 comes with DX SDK 5. This version is old and harder to use I would recommend downloading version DX 8 or 9 c. The full SDK packages include sample games

Feel like bragging, to anyone who would listen.
    Did a program awhile back, it had a car that u could control over a rocky terrain, that car had cool shock absorbers and the wheels turned too , but the physics was messed up in terms of accurate simuation. Yeah, it used c o l l i s i o n d e t e c t i o n. A lot of which I configured on my own.

Hope one day to fix the physics in it. But I think I will work on a simplier game next time

Just started some some simple opengl program, know C/C++, java, and the usaul programing tings, but I may just stick with opengl programing for a wahile, if you all are really ready to work on some project let me know.
    -P.S. Final year at UTECH.
    Last edited by iceman; Jan 21, 2005 at 03:51 PM.

I plan to do a bike game. I am working out the physics right now. Afterwhich, simple stuff.
    OpenGl can work. C++ is my strong suit, but all languages share some common grounds so it don't really matter so much. Or at least planning it is more crucial.
    Last edited by crosswire; Jan 24, 2005 at 03:34 PM.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/opende/

A free, industrial quality library for simulating articulated rigid body dynamics - for example ground vehicles, legged creatures, and moving objects in VR environments. It's fast, flexible & robust. Built-in collision detection.
    Its not finished yet, but it looks promising. I basically a class for do the physics in games. Yo it free and u can look on the code?

I have always been interested in game programming. I started a few things but no finished product. Count me in....

"Good programmers do it themselves. Great programmers write scriptz..."

Game programming sounds interesting, always wanted to make sumthin in that feild, used rpg maker 2003 and maker xp, but never had much means of searching for tutorials and what softwares i'd need to make games that look as good ans nfs, ut2k4 etc. anyway thanx for the web links.l
    Last edited by samurailos; Feb 10, 2005 at 09:30 AM.
    LOS-iX--ASROCKZ77 PRO4+||INTEL i5 3570K||2x CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 8GIG DDR3 1600Mhz ||ATI RADEON HD 5770 1GB GDDR5||BL-LG 16X DVDRW||XTECH 600WATT PSU||Seagate 120GIG SSD||24" RCA LCD TV/MONITOR||Seagate 160GIG SATA||
    Life an Eternal Mask of Illussion---->IGN: Triple6/ Techlos

well...try as i may i am not much of a programmer

I do have excellent writting and music skills and have 2 great artist friends.......we kinda workin on a manga first...but a game might be next
    Proud Jamaican and Japan Enthusiast
    www.Jamaipanese.com
    Jamaica + Japan