Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What should I look for in a Gaming rig?

yow u see me...i care about my case yes...only care that i has enough vents for air circulation, and usb front ports and audio front ports as well....other than that..that pretty looks annuh my thing..

Ps: at the last LAN party at my university, NCU, i saw a mhad PC step in...(mhad in looks and specs as well naah lie) but ketch dis now nuh....The case was a full tower, fly wid colors and desgin and thing and a 20" wide and 4GB ram, 8800GTS and thing....

Then my brejin step in....Mid tower, no lights one 120mm fan on the side, and the trust me the case is not flashy lol..but it nuh look bad., a 22" widescreen, 8GB ram, 2 x 8800GTS SLI. Then when it came to compare PC thingy at the LAN party..my bwoy swear seh him win the Total PC thing...only thing him get more points in is the Looks of his case...thats it lol..him frighten to hear wah did inna ma fren PC...

I say this to say...specs 1st...looks.....well frankly i doa care bout looks lol..but looks 2nd.
    ---

exactly im not sayin to throw the looks out the window but this is more about specs and not looks

WHat is your budget?

no budget just talking...talk as if you had the money to spend what would you get

Quote Originally Posted by Tas View Post
    no budget just talking...talk as if you had the money to spend what would you get
    i7, 4x 4890 12GB ddr3. 4 x 500GB ssd
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Mainboard - MSI DKA790GX Platinum
    CPU - Athlon 64 X2 5000+
    RAM - OCZ 4g
    VIDEO CARD - Dimond Radeon 4870x2(for sale call 8704373 )
    PSU - CORSAIR 650watt crossfire ready
    HDD - 200gigs
    Lightscribe HP Burner
    Modded case

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Skillachi View Post
    Make sure watever case you buy looks pretty with lights and stuff so u can show off ;D : trust me a pretty case always mek people remember you.

That system by OE would work but just rememebr it has to be pretty
    Lol 'pretty'... It's true though; leaves a memorable mark.
    On what to get to satisfy ur gaming hunger, first you need to find out what the current gamin standards are, like the minimuor reccomended specs tht u need to run most games. THEN u need to take a look at ur piggy bank, if he is skinnier than ur cat (assuming u have a cat)don't bother, but since you said tht you got a new job tht pays well, just decide if you are willing to spend the money to meet the standards. If u can then enjoy ur new gaming rig.

Oh don't forget to go flashy, neons and clean cabling, if u are hardcore enough try a water cooling system

Randy look like him deh pan some style man thing. Whatever you do mek sure it *contributes* to you're actual PC performing better. DO NOT get a flashy case becaz it *pretty*...The Antec 900 is a gaming case(comes with flashy things to)BUT...ergonomically designed to boost you're gaming experience by strategically placed 'intake\exhaust fans' - huge ones too.

its not a pretty case to always look at but it is high end top-a-di-line where you actually see the difference in performance benchmark.
    (think of an american muscle car)- SOME THE FASTEST CARS on the planet but cant always easily look at them and tell.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyDicks View Post
    Lol 'pretty'... It's true though; leaves a memorable mark.
    On what to get to satisfy ur gaming hunger, first you need to find out what the current gamin standards are, like the minimuor reccomended specs tht u need to run most games. THEN u need to take a look at ur piggy bank, if he is skinnier than ur cat (assuming u have a cat)don't bother, but since you said tht you got a new job tht pays well, just decide if you are willing to spend the money to meet the standards. If u can then enjoy ur new gaming rig.

Oh don't forget to go flashy, neons and clean cabling, if u are hardcore enough try a water cooling system
    Last edited by spydawebsite; Dec 2, 2009 at 09:18 PM.
    STILL cooler than a Polar Bear's Toe nail

ok guys, now this is the best rig possible for gaming out there for the best price and guess what INTEL fans? AMD wins!!

AMD Phenom X4 @ 3.0GHZ
    Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P
    8GB Corsair DDR3 1600
    Sapphire HD5870 @ 750 GPU and 1050 Mem.
    CM Storm Scout case
    OCZ Fatality 55oW PSU
    Samsung SH223L DVD Burner
    WD 1TB 7200.1 SATA HD

if u get this setup it will cost u about a little less than 800 US and u'll be set for running games for the next 4 years
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

awww...good stuff.

Mid-range pricing(800USD) giving dream system performance.

Up the PSU(550W in 4 years isnt sexy at all)
    i7 CPU would be nice but more pricey

Good part picks

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    ok guys, now this is the best rig possible for gaming out there for the best price and guess what INTEL fans? AMD wins!!

AMD Phenom X4 @ 3.0GHZ
    Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P
    8GB Corsair DDR3 1600
    Sapphire HD5870 @ 750 GPU and 1050 Mem.
    CM Storm Scout case
    OCZ Fatality 55oW PSU
    Samsung SH223L DVD Burner
    WD 1TB 7200.1 SATA HD
    STILL cooler than a Polar Bear's Toe nail