View Poll Results: Who's your favorite ISP?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 100.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most popular ISP

Default Re:Most popular ISP

Quote Originally Posted by chris
    InfoChan..are you serious? Based on feedback that I've been getting, ever since they went on a buying spree, their customer service and product support have fallen off the chart. True, I was never an Infochan customer, but now you know why ;D

N5??...I'll ask about in a different topic.

yes I am serious....

Hey Dutch, if they work for you, that's great. I guess it's like cars, ask people which car is the best and you'll get several favorites. One car might work out great for one, but poor for another. I should know, because if you said that Lada works for you, then I'll have to contradict you because it sure didn't work out for me. ;D

I was a customer of infochan..the speed wasn't that bad but the the customer service needed some work .

I have had accounts with several ISP and my award goes to....

1. CWJ
    2. Emoquad

Jamweb is very stable but on the S-L-O-W side
    I have been using Emoquad for months now and they are fast and the service is great!

I believe
    CWJ
    Info CHan especially as they have come back with the telephone feature

and N5

seem to be the popular ones

CWJ is actually the best based on the fact that they currently controll the land lines... they have the fastest and most stable system.

InfoChannel has its problems likewise Kasnet and the others.. Some of those on the list I have no experience with.

N5's customer service really really sucks.... but I will try to use their Wireless "broadband" and see if I can really get some "speed", this I have to do as CWJ has no apparent plan to upgrade my exchange to support ADSL connection.

GoTel should be providing some pretty interesting service by year-end .. thats something to watch out for..

April 1, 2003 ..... thats when the sea will open up.

Quote Originally Posted by Collin
    N5's customer service really really sucks.... but I will try to use their Wireless "broadband" and see if I can really get some "speed", this I have to do as CWJ has no apparent plan to upgrade my exchange to support ADSL connection.
    Where's your exchange? I'm having the same problem with the Red Hills exchange, and N5's wireless is out of range (line of sight) for where I am.

chris, call your cable company and find out when they'll be offering broadband.

Quote Originally Posted by CKnight
    chris, call your cable company and find out when they'll be offering broadband.
    I already did, and they're not sure themselves. They're still having discussions with SpeedNet and from the feeling I get, C&W will be offering ADSL in my area before they do.

Chris,

My exchange is actually in East Kingston.

I had the N5 guys do a signal test at my location and they got signal up to 25bd, I have been told by them that the required minium signal for data is actually 15bd (video minimum is 10bd for their wireless cable) so I guess 25 should be ok.

I will let you guys know how things turn out as time progresses.

I definately would not use my cable company (SAUCE) if they decided to offer Cable modem as their service also sucks... their signal tends to fluctuate a lot and at times is poor. (even though in all fairness the last couple months have seen them improving). But coming from a firm that was to have introduced cable boxes since last august 2001 and this
    has still not been done ... what can one expect????

I think most cable companies are not ready, and may never be ready, to offer a broadband service. Here are 3 reasons why I say this:

1. Their existing infrastructure cannot accomodate the intro of broadband because of uni-directional amplifiers, cable quality, etc. To change out is going to be costly.

2. They are already having problems collecting the ~$1000 per month from subscribers for regular TV service, so what's the likelihood of collecting 3-4 times that amount from some subscribers. Yes. introducing cable boxes to automatically cut off delinquent subscribers is a solution, but these boxes come at a cost - a chicken and egg situation.

3. The estimated number of subscribers desirous of cable broadband may not justify the added investment on the part of the cbale companies.

Another point that I believe will delay the introduction of broadband cable is that some cable companies may be watching what's taking place with the broadband wireless market - N5, GoTel, InfoChannel, etc.