View Poll Results: Who's your favorite ISP?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 100.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most popular ISP

Default Re:Most popular ISP

I was not aware that InfoChannel had joined the wireless market!

I do beleive that coming from a starting position GoTel will have quite an opportunity to impress us... all their services can be rolled out at once over the same link to your household.

N5, allows me to stay connecting via 33.6 external modem the longest, up to 27hours... uninterrupted

Give them props for that the others would bounce you...

Quote Originally Posted by melbarr
    Give them props for that the others would bounce you...
    You're right on that point. During "peak" time, C&W's service will actually grind to a halt after 1 hour or so. Their explanation is that during peak time and depending on the load/traffic, your connection will slow down or keep timing out so as to allow others a chance to connect. When this happens you must disconnect and then re-connect.

On a different note though melbarr, you're using a 33.6 modem ? Don't you want faster?

33.6 external modem
    Man, I'll give you a 56k modem for free.

Fast is relative, I had only recent upgraded to a PIII 733 from the old P166 running win2k pro... 33.6 was sufficient, I had a 56k but lightening did smack it for me... :'(

I have USR 33.6 external the only other modem I would use is a USR 56k external... I have had it with internals and my crappy lines at home... I need more tolerance...

Besides that for awhile all N5 had in Spanish Town where I live was 33.6 anyway...

So for all of you N5 customers out there in St Catherine who now get 56k connections, please thank me!!!! I had to go get a job there and do the 56k install myself so we all could get better service, cash appreciation will bw accepted...

So Melbarr...

If you still work there perhaps you can provide us with some info on what is happenning there man!!

From quite a few years back I have been hearing that they are working on increasing bandwidth....... to this day I am still hearing it!!! Whats happening in that arena?

I just recently discovered that I cancelled an account with N5 back in '98 and yeah it was beacuse I could not get enough speed!!!!!

Hey,

I used to work there... I work there no more...

I can not help you with any info on what they are up to...

But I know there has been issues but I signed a "Non Disclosure" document... any info want you will have to extract while I'm intoxicated, and since I'm in Florida and stopped drinking alcohol this may be difficult... ;D ;D ;D

My family still uses the 33.6 modem to chat with me online and it works very well...

Fast is relative, I had only recent upgraded to a PIII 733 from the old P166 running win2k pro... 33.6 was sufficient, I had a 56k but lightening did smack it for me... :'(

I have USR 33.6 external the only other modem I would use is a USR 56k external... I have had it with internals and my crappy lines at home... I need more tolerance...

Besides that for awhile all N5 had in Spanish Town where I live was 33.6 anyway...

So for all of you N5 customers out there in St Catherine who now get 56k connections, please thank me!!!! I had to go get a job there and do the 56k install myself so we all could get better service, cash appreciation will bw accepted...
    ohhh c'mon Melbarr dont forget me when you left it I had to take up the slacks "Project Manager" he ehehe eh didnt get paid to play the part though however I am the one who pluged in the routers and access servers ;D ;D ;D but I honestly thing if you didnt presure the case it wouldnt have happened and I just realised it was for personal gain tire of the 33.6 are were we

Dutch

For Real Dutch it was a team effort...

PS I hope Gong can carry on...

Hey,

I used to work there... I work there no more...

I can not help you with any info on what they are up to...

But I know there has been issues but I signed a "Non Disclosure" document... any info want you will have to extract while I'm intoxicated, and since I'm in Florida and stopped drinking alcohol this may be difficult... ;D ;D ;D
    I guess I am going to have to locate someone else who does drink!! ;D