Thread: Microsoft rolls out tutorial site for new programmers

Default Microsoft rolls out tutorial site for new programmers

My First Programming Post...YAY

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/ex...r/default.aspx

Microsoft Corporation (M$) has launched the Beginning Developer Learning Center Web Site, designed to help people with no programming experience learn to build Windows applications or Web sites using Visual Studio 2005.

It currently offers 45 lessons and 31 short "how-to" videos on programming using Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition products. Each lesson takes about 20 to 40 minutes, according to Microsoft, and is provided in multiple content types, including video/audio, documentation and hands-on labs. The lessons are divided into Windows or Web development with multiple tiers of lessons.

The first tier of lessons assumes that students have no prior knowledge of programming and teaches them basic concepts, and the next level assumes some understanding of .Net development techniques. Students who reach the final tier are taught more advanced concepts, such as data access and debugging. Those who complete a series of lessons will be able to create basic working applications, according to Microsoft. In addition, the site has a how-to library that users can access for reference on performing common tasks such as using Windows form controls in Visual Basic or C#.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan View Post
    My First Programming Post...YAY
    lol oh ok cool welcome

Bill says the young people are not being challenged in America and the curriculum needs to be changed.

Bill is a very astute person. So I guess the new site is his way of doing something about it while at the same time breeding a whole new community for DotNet Technologies.

They finally catching on though by making the SDK and IDE free at least to learn the language. I wonder what the programming landscape will look like in the next 3 years. I worry for java now but I love the competition nonetheless
    “You perceive, therefore I am and I am that which I want you to perceive.”Cedric M. A. Beckford (2005)

Java apps are like rabbid dogs...
    Interesting to look at, but need to be put down for public safety...
    I hate every single one I ever used; slow, clunky....aAAAAAARRGH
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

Personally, I do appreciate this post. Once M$ is doing all this for free, the average novice will have no problems
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Maybe I can get "hello world" to actually work after 17 years of trying ....
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

Maybe they will give away free copies - sorry, "licenses" - of Visual Studio 2005?
    The fox was probably right - they could have been sour grapes.

Default Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCat View Post
    Maybe they will give away free copies - sorry, "licenses" - of Visual Studio 2005?
    I doubt it...They gave us the entire Studio Express suite of programs free for an entire year.
    "To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
    Alcatel One Touch PIXI 3 (4.5)
    LG Fortune 2