Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Program have probs

Quote Originally Posted by icymint3 View Post

this is not true though, he can actually delare the function in another function... it must come before the function (being declared) is defined, and it will scope to that function - meaning it will only be callable from that function it was declared inside of.

the problem is... that was not his intent!
    I was all ready to explain to you how wrong you were until it occurred to me to check before I run off mi mout. It turns out you are correct. Although since I just read it up, I can also add that all of the declarations (including function declarations) inside a compound statement (i.e. inside the curly braces) must occur before any other statements.

theres usually an i think somewhere in a message when i'm not sure of what i say... i think.
    Cultured in Aggression and Koding like a Warrior!!
    “Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius.” - George Bernard Shaw.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by icymint3 View Post
    that should work but it wont correct this part of it
    Icy, you do know what that batch script will do right?....But I'm sure if he uses it he can always regoogle™ the code if he didn't back it up.
    28620899862803482534211706798 pi 101

Quote Originally Posted by recursion View Post
    Icy, you do know what that batch script will do right?....But I'm sure if he uses it he can always regoogle™ the code if he didn't back it up.
    yeah, it would replace all lines in his source file with "recursion"
    ... the thing is he would have no comment block stating who wrote the code, so i was sayin he gonna have to edit the file ... which by now would have been fixed ... and enter the comment.

c, i was just tryin to make sure that artifacts of his research remain in the project, wouldnt want to undo all that effort.
    Last edited by icymint3; Mar 14, 2007 at 02:58 PM.
    Cultured in Aggression and Koding like a Warrior!!
    “Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius.” - George Bernard Shaw.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein