Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adobe GoLive CS2

0 0%
  • Dreamweaver 8

4 100.00%

Thread: Adobe GoLive CS2 vs Dreamweaver

Post Adobe GoLive CS2 vs Dreamweaver

Which do you prefer GoLive or Dreamweaver?
    I must admit that I am use to dreamweaver, I just install Golive for 30 days trial;

http://www.adobe.com/products/golive/
    http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

I prefer dreamweaver........
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

One's personal preference of either product will be moot in about a year or so as Adobe will most likely not continue to market two products that do essentially the same thing. Dreamweaver is the market leader so I would hedge my bets there as the product that will remain. The only drawback when companies merge is that the lesser used/known product tends to be canceled leaving the user to learn something else or continue using the non-supported product.

From the CEO's mouth
    Q: When you were asked last year why Adobe did the Macromedia deal, you said: Flash. A one-word answer.
    Chizen: Yeah, I got a lot of other things along with that. I got great, innovative, aggressive people that helped instill Adobe with more of that. We got a great video platform, which quite frankly was a surprise. I didn't really understand the power of Flash video until after the fact. The Flash media server was a big surprise. Having a Web layout tool that was market-leading, with Dreamweaver, was a big win for us. We tried for years with Go Live. As good of a product as it was, we could never be core to the Web, we were always peripheral.
    Last edited by psilos; Mar 6, 2007 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Additional info

i prefer dreamweaver 8
    Never Take Life Too Serious, Cuz No 1 Gets Out Alive.

Talking it depends

It's all up to you...
    Go live offers you certain options that dreamweaver doesn't which would be a plus to those people who don't particularly like to script. At the sametime, dreamweaver is more universal and MAY have extensive features(i haven't made sure of this as yet).

For me so far though, dreamweaver has been doin the trick