Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where were you when the Earthquake happened today?

Default Re:Where were you when the Earthquake happened today?

I felt the Earthquake today,I agree with Chris it was very strong. I was in a building where it was quiet so you could hear a slightly whooozeeee. :-\

Quake felt in sections of island

Observer Reporter
    Friday, May 28, 2004

A light earthquake with a magnitude of 4.3 on the Richter scale was felt across sections of the island about 2:45 pm yesterday.

The Earthquake Unit at the University of the West Indies (UWI) said the epicentre of the quake was Yallahs in Western, St Thomas.

The quake, felt mainly in the eastern end of the island, was described as "extensive" by Raffia Ahead of the Geology Department at the UWI.

"We received calls from as far as Mandeville, so though the epicentre was in Western St Thomas, the quake was extensive," Ahead told the Observer.
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/..._OF_ISLAND.asp

I didnt feel the earthquake and i was just serving out my lunch... but the people who were about 20 feet away from me felt it so i gave up and decided the earthquake died right before it reach me

according to the time as said to me by a friend ... i was in my car on ma way home ... prolly listening to G - unit. bass shake car enough neways ;D

Oh you know peeps my friend just informed me that we I did feel the effects of the quake. I was at work and I felt the floor shaking.

Now we have this supervisor at work that we can know when she is coming. We know she a come because she weigh over 300 pounds and when she walk you feel the place shake.

Now on the day of the earthquake mi did feel the place shake and mi get up and ask mi bredrin seh if did supervisor jus pass through and him did seh know ;D so I guess is the earthquake mi did feel ;D

I was on hope rd listening to music, and going at about 80km, I heard about it the next day, so I was clueless.

[quote author=Greatis link=board=29;threadid=4225;start=0#msg39058 date=1085936511]
    Oh you know peeps my friend just informed me that we I did feel the effects of the quake. I was at work and I felt the floor shaking.

Now we have this supervisor at work that we can know when she is coming. We know she a come because she weigh over 300 pounds and when she walk you feel the place shake.

Now on the day of the earthquake mi did feel the place shake and mi get up and ask mi bredrin seh if did supervisor jus pass through and him did seh know ;D so I guess is the earthquake mi did feel ;D
    [/quote]

LOL that funny !!

i was ... who cares it gone already.

man i was at work and to be honest i didn't really feel it. a saw people running and i was wondering why.