Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joel Andem reportedly co-operating with police

Default Joel Andem reportedly co-operating with police

Joel Andem reportedly co-operating with police

Joel Andem

Police from the Flying Squad Headquarters are at this hour questioning 40 year old Joel Andem-one of the country's most wanted men who was captured Wednesday morning.

Andem is reportedly cooperating with the police.

Andem was captured in a predawn operation in Clarkesonville, St. Ann at 4:30.

He was then quickly transported to Kingston where he is being held at a maximum security facility.

The operation was led by Senior Superintendent of Police, Donald Pusey.

A police source told RJR News Wednesday that they intensified their search last week, in light of what has been described as a new wave of kidnapping.

The intensified search came on the heels of the kidnaping of social worker Christine English.

The police told RJR News that they are hoping to make a quick breakthrough in that incident.

Joel Andem was first convicted on June 27, 1983 for the offence of break-in and larceny, he was then sentenced to six months in prison has risen from petty thief to be wanted for several murders.

Andem was again convicted on May 15, 1990 for two counts of illegal possession of a firearm, two counts of robbery with aggravation and one count of wounding with intent.

The sentence for the offences amounted to 42 years, but they ran concurrently, so he spent 8 years in prison.

Andem was released on parole on August 12, 1998 and two years later became wanted in connection with several counts of murder, shooting, abduction, rape and extortion committed in the Corporate Area.

There was much public attention in 2002 when alleged members of the Andem Gang, including his girlfriend were seen in an incident captured by television cameras - killing a cow and posing with guns.

The gang is also believed to be responsible for at least 20 murders including that of gas station operator Sylvia Edwards who was abducted in July 2000.

A 200 thousand dollar ransom was demanded for her release, but her body was later found buried in a shallow grave in Constitution Hill St. Andrew.

And in a quick response National Security Minister, Dr. Peter Phillips has congratulated the Special Anti Crime Task Force for the capture of Joel Andem.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/news/?id=9929

Default Re:Joel Andem reportedly co-operating with police

Hmmm...........that sounds very fishy. Normally, Jamaica's most wanted men are "killed in a shoot-out with police as the law enforcement officers attempted to arrest them. Reports are that police, acting on intelligence, went to premises where (insert name here) was alleged to be hiding. (Insert name here) opened fire at the police party when challenged. A shootout ensued, and (insert name here) was later found suffering from gunshot wounds. He was taken to (insert name of furthest hospital from scene of shootout) where he was pronounced dead." Hopefully this is a departure from the normal modus operandi of the police. Lets hope that he isn't "shot while attempting to escape police custody" or doesn't die "when a fire broke out in his cell" and actually faces justice.

you know nigelt I was surprised to find that he was still alive. Or maybe they just did not kill him because of the kidnappings and want his help in catching the kidnappers.

He is a bad man, but at the same time I think he may be charged for additional crimes he didn't commit.

Why didn't police "intelligence" catch him sooner? ???
    Why isn't police "intelligence" catching the other "bad men"? ???
    Why doesn't police "intelligence" bring the "bigger heads" to justice? ???

[quote author=BlackCryptoKnight link=board=29;threadid=4213;start=0#msg38822 date=1085687010]
    Why didn't police "intelligence" catch him sooner? ???
    Why isn't police "intelligence" catching the other "bad men"? ???
    Why doesn't police "intelligence" bring the "bigger heads" to justice? ???
    [/quote]

Well BCK it appears to be all politics. You know the politicians use a particular badman until he becomes, and when he becomes expendable he is caught.

Remember their was a rumour going around that Mr. Andem was in the pay of a important minister of government. It seems that he has now passed his usefulness to the minister so he is caught.

like is me one notice dat joel andem was only considered a WANTED MAN when him change him linkage or started to shout "Show" instead of his usual "Pow" .... i mean i just thought that was weird ... wid di pnp not wanted ... against the pnp wanted. i see now a suh it work.

i mean is di same ting wid renato adams .... him turn on them and dem try get him out ... but cus him guh public sayin dat dem cant touch him cus him have tings about dem "Govenrment figures" him still in the force. and why after sayin he has dis proof wasnt he sued and forced to in a court release dat information?

I love Jamaica ;D

IMHO Adams is a dangerous megalomaniac and shouldn't have been allowed to lead anything, much less a police squad. If he was in charge of the squad that captured Andem, Joel Andem would be a dead mo..... As for the allegiance of gunmen and criminals, has anyone noticed that most of the "big dons" who have been arrested lately are said to be pro JLP?

i know rite is a scheme to leave the jlp areas un controlled or protected suh dem can do wat dem feel like in di ppl dem area

I don't know if that's the driving force behind it Cler1c, but it does seem a bit fishy.