Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat X

Default Mortal Kombat X

I wasn't really into MK9 because it felt pretty janky. This on the other hand looks very fluid. I don't think I've been this excited for a new MK since MK3.

E3 Gameplay demo

Raiden Debut Trailer

No one expects the Inquisition.

Don't expect this one until next year 2015 too.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Yeah, I know. Most of the good stuff is coming in 2015 lol. Thankfully Guilty Gear Xrd is this year though.

In a word, Awesome! This is going to be huge when it drops.
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

New Video

Kitana + Kung Lao (60FPS)

Old stuff I forgot to post

Quan Chi (60FPS)

Kano

That Fatality though...

Waiting for this one to go on sale on steam before I get it, as heard it has micro transactions and have to buy characters.

Bought Grand Theft Auto V and worth every penny.
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Waiting for this one to go on sale on steam before I get it, as heard it has micro transactions and have to buy characters.

Bought Grand Theft Auto V and worth every penny.
    Anyone buying this game please buy it off steam. I just saw an unboxing of gta v on youtube. The game comes on 7 DVDs. Y didnt they just sell it on a bluray or flash drive.

I have it on PS4, and I love it. It took me a while to get used to how radically different it feels to pretty much every fighting game out there though. It's oddly sluggish yet fast all at the same time.

Some minor gripes I have: framerate caps out at 30fps during intros, winposes, fatalities, xrays and during story mode cutscenes. I don't mind 30fps in general, but the constant back and forth between 30 and 60 can be quite jarring at times. The aspect ratio also switches for cutscenes which I absolutely hate.

Gameplay-wise, aside from getting used to the movement, there really isn't much to complain about here. The characters are diverse, and there variations really change things up.

Story mode is surprisingly good. It has some general cheesiness that you'd expect, but it's never overbearingly so. It has some really cool fight scenes too. Just be wary of the QTEs if you hate that sort of thing. I've never died or lost health from the 1 or 2 times I missed one though, it just affects the way things play out slightly.

At the moment, Sun God Kotal Kahn and Displacer Raiden are my mains, but stomping fools with Goro is also lots of fun. I'm trying to learn Mileena too since she was my go-to in the MK2 days. Her mix-ups aren't nearly as strong in this game though.

PS: Ermac is a bastard. That is all.

Fake edit: the only microtransactions I remember hearing about are the easy fatalities. They're so easy to do already, and you have a hell of a lot more time to do them than in the old days, so it shouldn't affect anyone even remotely competent. Still, I can understand holding off on principle.

Quote Originally Posted by sk@tta View Post
    Anyone buying this game please buy it off steam. I just saw an unboxing of gta v on youtube. The game comes on 7 DVDs. Y didnt they just sell it on a bluray or flash drive.
    Saw Total Biscuits video on the MKX steam issues and was really glad I got GTA V instead .

I think they put it on DVD's instead of Blue-ray as majority of people don't have a Blue-ray drive in their computer. So Just as how R* optimized this game to work on most computers, they have to think along the line of supporting that hardware aspec of it as well.