Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Programming skills

Default Re:Programming skills

SO NOW I'M THE ABBRASIVE ONE.. JUST SAID A FEW STUFF.THE MODERATORS COULD HAVE DELETED THE THREAD..BUT ANYWAYS..I KNOW MY STUFF INSIDE OUT, I JUST HATE WHEN SOMEONE THINKS THEY KNOW TOO MUCH OR ACT AS IF THEY KOW SOMETHING..THATS JUST HOW I AM..I'M A HARDCORE PROGRAMMER..THATS WHAT I DO DAY AND NIGHT..I'LL HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR ANY NON-PROGRAMMERS..

RIGHT NOW, I'LL ONLY APOLOGIZE TO THE MODERATOR, ADMINISTRATOR AND ALL THOSE PROSPECTIVE VEIWERS..JUST WANT TO TELL U PEOPLE, WHEN IT COMES TO PROGRAMMERS, YOU MUST KNOW YOUR STUFF BEFORE U APPROACH ME..

I EAT, SLEEP AND DREAM PROGRAMMING FOR THE LAST 10-12 YR..SO IF YOU GUYS WANT TO BAN MY USERNAME, I'M COOL WITH THAT..I HAVE MY OWN FORUM TO MODERATE AND ADMINISTER...I'M A DIE HEARTED CODER..

PEACE OUT EVERYBODY..

IN MY APOLOGY STATEMENT..I MAY HAVE MISSED OUT ONE KEY ELEMENT..THATS OWEN..

I'LL APOLOGIZE TO HIM..GIVEN THE FACT THAT I'M A C,C++(win32 API) PROGRAMMER AND HE'S A PASCAL PROGRAMMER..NO HARD FEELING OWEN..

RESPECT TO EVERYONE..
    PEACE OUT.

Well Littleshotta, that's cool of you to apologize. Pity that you decided to delete your account though because that's a step I'm sure no one wanted you to take. I'm sure that we were willing to move on. :-\

Peace.

Moving right along....

...to answer Chris' original post on Page One of this long winded deliberation:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Languages:
    1) Visual C++
    2) Visual Basic (all time fave)
    3) COBOL (in the distant past )
    4) C (my 2nd favourite)
    5) C++
    6) Basic / Qbasic
    7) Java / Javascript
    8) ASP (aargh)
    9) SQL (is this even a language?)

Environs:
    - Everything from MS-DOS dayz to WinXP today

Haven't really tried anything outside of Microsoft aside from OS/2.

I'm yet to give Linux a good spin. Can you believe that? Just don't have the time/need/hardware to spare.

I know, I should be ashamed of myself for not trying Linux yet. I really should be shot. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocrates
    I know, I should be ashamed of myself for not trying Linux yet. I really should be shot. ;D
    True, true. http://www.jalug.org
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Oct 7, 2009 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris

Members and visitors: I wish to apologise for not taking control of this topic earlier :-[. As Admin I guess that I'm ultimately responsible for letting it go on for too long. I hope that no member will feel that this site has now deteriorated into a state that makes it a waste of their time to support. We've all worked hard to build up the site and your support and contributions are an invaluable part of that effort. Thanks!
    Don't worry man. Things like this will happen, it's been happening from SysOps were running BBSes and it will continue to happen. I know though that for the most part your membership is not fickle and like the site, we're here to stay. I know it's my cup of tea (once my Gotel works ;D ) and I don't see anything that can touch it, here nor abroad.

- My Two cents
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Oct 7, 2009 at 10:34 AM.