Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Van Helsing

Default Re:Van Helsing

Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury, The

Dark Fury picks up right where Pitch Black ended, with Riddick, Jack and Imam being captured by mercenaries, the leader of whom has some strange and sadistic intentions in regards to Riddick. In a bit of a baffling business move, Universal decided to release this after The Chronicles of Riddick. If they had released it a week or two earlier, some of the questions posed in Riddick that confused a good number of people would have been clearly answered. This short gives us the answer of some key events that occurred in the five years between Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick, as well as some insight into why Riddick, Jack and Imam interact the way they do in CoR. It also introduces the character Toombs, who plays a key role in Riddick's plight.

Aside from its value as an answer provider, Dark Fury is also a highly entertaining piece of animation. The graphics are top notch, the storyline is interesting, and the action is very well done. The plot moves along at a quick pace and it is a lot of fun to watch Riddick kick some @$$ in animated form. I highly recommend seeing this before watching The Chronicles of Riddick, not only is it a good movie but it also explains some key elements of the story.

will post what i think of it tomorrow

maybe you guys need to start another thread about the chronicles, no sense crowding one post

I concur. This thread has expired its useful purpose. We've literally gone off-off-topic (if such an expression is possible).

Van Helsing disappointed.

Too noisy - maybe it was the smaller Multiplex auditorium I watched it in. Despite the assault on my eardrums, I dozed off shortly after intermission.

Shallow storyline - the acting quality hardly made the characters credible.

I rated Underworld (also starring Miss Beckinsale) as a better, more artistic Vampire/Dracula film.

I myself fell asleep in the movie, can't tell when was the last time that happened.

[quote author=JA2 link=board=29;threadid=4204;start=30#msg44770 date=1088545053]
    I rated Underworld (also starring Miss Beckinsale) as a better, more artistic Vampire/Dracula film.
    [/quote]

- You're a man after my own heart. I couldn't agree with you more. Underworld ROCKED!

Alright I make the pleasant mistake of going to watch Soul Plane... I must say the beginning and the end really sucked but the show was full of laughs... it was really funny...