Thread: 8700g

Default 8700g

I have a 8700g and I want to upgrade the software so I can use Media Manager. When I try to access Media Manager it says I need version 4.2 or higher. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Try see if you can find a friend who have the CD that come with thier blackberry ( or see if one a the dealer will allow you to burn or copy the desktop manager to your computer)..

If you want, I can burn my copy and sell for $500. I am sure if you search the internet, you will find it for free, but if you can't bother with that, then give me a link and I can sell you the Software PLUS the 8700g Firmware
    MOB-Tools A.K.A. gregtheunlocker 313-3848

Unless u have 4.2 OS installed on the 8700 u will not be able to use media manager.

Let me break it down some more.

U obviously have Desktop Manager 4.2 installed, and 4.1 OS on the 8700. Although DM has Media Manager, u will only be able to use it with a device that has 4.2 installed, such as the pearl, or the 8800.

RIM has not released 4.2OS for the 8700 yet, its still in BETA. I have used the BETA and it has a lot of bugs.

Hope this clears up your concerns.
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.